Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A HAMB Hot Rodder's Christmas List (2019 Edition)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

A HAMB Hot Rodder's Christmas List (2019 Edition)

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Pinstriper40, Tim and jnaki like this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

1. Change the rear gear on the Salt Circus - May's gonna come fast
    2. Finish: the body work, the wiring, do something about the paint on my 40 Ford Truck
    3. Get Number 2 on the road
    4. Finish the 223 powered XO Production 59 Ford Truck for Land Speed
    5. Get new glass into my 54 Country Squire, it's on order from Street Rod Glass
    6. Do another World's Fastest Calendar
    7 Beat Cancer for another 20 so I can finish the above 6 and the rest of my list not written

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Just yesterday my wife asked for a list of items I was planning to upgrade on the '62 Ford wagon we just bought.

In no particular order -
    Power disc brake kit for the front.
    Powermaster starter for the Y-block.
    Pertronix ignition.
    Edelbrock 500 carb.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940, Tim and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. I had just given the wife and kids the list they requested when i saw this blog post... lol
    Pretty pedestrian stuff this year. But all stuff I will need and use for this winters' project list
    1. Hot Rod Wiring by Dennis Overholser (hot rod rewire project)
    2. 270 pcs Dual wall, Adhesive heat shrink tubing (hot rod rewire project)
    3. OBD II scan tool (replace the old one so I can continue to maintain the "Chappy Fleet")
    4. 6 drawer Compartment box holder (on going garage organization project)
    5. Olsa tools socket organizer set (on going garage organization project)
    6. 12 pack Brad Penn PennGrade1 20w-50 (can you really change the oil in a flathead to often?)

Chappy

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    from ct

English wheel.

Pinstriper40 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Stooge

Stooge

Ditto, First thing I thought of was an English wheel and a good spot to put it in. Seems like every time I think "this would be a great project to justify getting one" I just end up making do without and assume i'll get one next time around. I might have a line on one coming from someone who recently closed up shop, but I haven't seen him in a few weeks.

LSJUNIPER likes this.
  7. A hot rodders Christmas list? That is the question. Well in no particular order: 1. Remote oil filter mount for my F-100. 2. Sell my stalled Lincoln project. 3. Go to a drag race ( maybe meet Ms. Linda and give her a hug). And last but not least just have fun with cars.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. RDE

RDE

Put supercharger on 454 in airboat
    Put 383 sbc in Model A
    Put 350 trans in Model A
    Finish body work on Model A
    Put AC in Model A (Yes dear, it will cost a little money but will be worth every penny)
    Paint Model A

9. 34Americansfronts.jpg Hell, I dunno. How 'bout some energy to do the American wheels swap for my coupe [avatar]
    ......and a pair of skinny 15 inchers to replace the 14X6s.

Just Gary, Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

This list always has a continuing ring to it for me, during the holidays. The list changes once in a while, but for the most part, it grows. Recently, it has shrunk, due to the wants being less as most things are ok here in So Cal. There is not much we actually need. Roadsters are out, no need for a truck, sedan deliveries are/were cool, but my wife still has that thing with the blind rear quarter area. So, something to fit our needs in the short run to the end zone.

Our granddaughter will be needing a car within several years and so, there will be a change over in our current stable of two cars. Since my wife will be giving her AWD station wagon to our granddaughter, she will get another AWD station wagon with more horsepower (400 vs 300). She already has one picked out, just in case.

That leaves me with a 16 year old fast sports coupe that will be sold to supplement a new ride if possible. If not found, then it will continue to give me at least 5 more years of great driving.

Modified list:
    upload_2019-12-18_4-7-38.png
    1. A 1965 Chevelle two door station wagon with a 4 speed or hydro, new crate motor, Positraction, A/C, bucket seats and a front suspension that is easy to align and keep aligned for smooth driving on our daily and longer road trips. Nothing worse than a shaky wheel.

2. We really need a third car garage, but that is an impossibility, since we don’t want to move to a house that has them. (been there, done that) If so, then everything stays the same, except that red two door Chevelle wagon rolls into the third stall for our daily driver and road trip cruiser. Currently, the smaller house is more important than a 3rd car garage.

Jnaki

So, my list has gone from 10, down to 5, down to 1 for this year or within two years. At age 15, most teens start looking at what is available and she already knows my wife’s car. So, by 16 those teens usually need their own transportation. Just the other day, she was talking about going to college, across the country, in New York instead of our great Colleges/Universities out West. Nothing about a car or driving lessons as yet. There is hope.

11. Muckler

Muckler
    from NH USA

Dear Santa please bring me a straight axle set up for my 49 chevy and the brains to know how to build it.

12. Wishing for a cure for a good friend and the ultimate hot rod guy.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I've been very blessed this year and I am moving into a 3,000 sq ft shop this month, so that wish has been taken care of thanks to some wonderful friends and supporters.

That being said, I've been really good this year so I want a fresh 322 Buick nailhead to go with the 4x2 Martin intake and 4 Stromberg 48's I got for my Zupanel project...
    Also, I'd like a renewed focus going into projects in 2020 and a shop full of tops to chop!

LSJUNIPER and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    from ct

Mission accomplished! CDE612C9-F317-4653-A08A-2644C4C754BB.jpeg