Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A guy I work with has a couple old MoPars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41plym, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 41plym

41plym

My nephew called last friday and said a guy I work with has a couple old MoPars. He says they're not for sale but do you want to go look at them on Saturday? Well of course I do. So on Saturday I clean up the coupe figuring an old MoPar guy would enjoy seeing it. First thing out of his mouth when we pull up is, "Nice 41... did you buy that from my uncle Clarence?" It turns out I knew his uncle and had bought parts from him about 25 years ago. So after introductions he says lets start in the garage when he opened the door there sat a cherry 32 Plymouth coupe and 35 Dodge pickup neither had been driven in about 5 years. So then we head to the first outbuilding and it is filled with 20's Stars and Durants with a loft filled to the roof with extra sheetmetal and parts. O.K. now lets go to the shop, wholly crap so many cars you can't even walk around. rare model 33 Plymouth coupe, 33 Plymouth roadster, a couple of 33 Plymouth sedans among others including more Stars and Durants and a 55 Chev 2 door post over in the corner, 22 cars total. I got a few pictures but quality is not good. Great guy about 60 years old and never married. Also sounds like he has a brother and cousin in the area with equal size collections. Nice way to spend a Saturday morning.

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

and none are for sale.......? He just enjoys showing or teasing with them?

3. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Estate sale......maybe, depends on how old the brother and cousin are.:eek:

4. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

love him or hate him? at least they are stored indoors and being preserved nicely!! On day all those will be worked on by someone. they most likely will never turn into dirt or scraped.

5. 41plym

41plym

At one point he said "I should sell a couple of them so I have room to work on the others" but in the next sentence he made it clear that wasn't going to happen. I am going to try and keep in touch with him just in case. Who knows someday he might change his mind but I doubt it.

6. mossback44

mossback44

I really enjoyed the pictures, particularly since these cars must be in my neighborhood if they're in yours, 41plym. I'd love to see them, but only if you're sure they aren't for sale! I have a bad case of buy-another-project-itis. Since I brought a '35 Hupmobile project home just last month, I'm afraid another purchase might be terminal.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn. I want a '33 Dodge or Plymouth coupe. That touring looks cool too.

8. 41plym

41plym

Ya mossback these cars are out in the Fern Prairie area. I talked to you out at Amboy a year or two ago I would sure like to come out and see your "fleet" someday
    41plym

9. 41plym

41plym

Rickybop he had a couple of tourings I can't even remember what year and make but one was a very rare Dodge maybe a one of a kind according to him.
    41plym

10. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

If I was you I would go help him out as often as I could... Karma is real.

11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never married. That explains how he could acquire so much great stuff! :) Pretty nice assortment of car stuff!

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

That's cool. Thanks for sharing. Definitely stay in touch with the guy. You never do know...