Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Great Texas Harley & Rod Builder Has Passed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guy1unico, Jul 17, 2019.

1. guy1unico

guy1unico

Ron Campbell (73) from Double Oak Texas was killed yesterday as he was driving his motorcycle around a corner on a long distance bike ride with his son in law. About 1 month ago I invited Ron to my house to give me the low down on the 33 3 window build he accomplished in 2001. He gave me all the skinny and some pics to prove what a detail person and avid hot rodder he was. He finished out every inch of this car. He took the car all over the country clocking 8200 miles. How many of you can say you found a stock Henry body made it have power windows and air conditioning. ...and passes NSRA inspection. He built this car from ground up in 1.5 years at his house in an ordinary garage. His heart was 100% in hot rodding and Harleys. Before his death I really praised him and made him feel great about the build...because it was fantastic! God Bless Ron and his family.

Ron & Guy 519.jpg

Lepus, slim38, Hugh Jones and 6 others like this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

Condolences to Ron's Family and Yourself. As a tribute to Ron, you could post some more pics of this great looking coupe? Thanks, Carp

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    OLSKOOL57 and loudbang like this.
  3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family. I just gave up my Ultraclassic after almost 50 years of motorcycle riding because there are way too many ass hats at the wheel of a car now and I didn't want to take any more chances than necessary.

rmorris, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yes condolences to his family. May the good Lord ease their grief.

5. Sad and condolences to the family,Another too young to go.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Losing a mentor & close friend is hard, please except my condolences to you and his family. HRP

OLSKOOL57 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you and the Campbell Family and Friends on the sudden and tragic passing of Ron...

Regards,
    Stogy

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. guy1unico

guy1unico

Here are a few more pictures of the car and Ron 1 month ago in a blue shirt...quiet unassuming guy that expected nothing but perfection...this drove him to vacate our hobby after 2005. He never returned to building hot rods again.

Attached Files:

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Condolences to you and the family. After seeing those pictures it’s too bad he didn’t build more cars

10. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Super clean car with great attention to detail. Condolences to you and his family.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to his Family & friends

kidcampbell71 likes this.