Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Grab Bag Of Inspiration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Funny you should mention inspiration because I was thinking about this car last night after watching What's My Car Worth and thinking about your black Ferrari post and how this RS61 Spyder could be translated into a Hot Rod. That Silver is a tricky color but definitely could look pretty rad on a roadster with a Deep red interior if everything was done racy. There's just so much inspiration in this car as well as so many other outside of the Hot rodding that can make for some interesting and purposeful stuff.

[​IMG]

3. Working off the same idea with a slightly different inspiration ;)

4. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

You're right...Some real inspiration there. Loved the Sterling Moss interview.

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WOW. Thanks Ryan.
    Growing up in the 60s, I did everything I could to appreciate cars. Building car models, following the NHRA, F1 and Indy cars on TV. Hanging out on the end of the driveway of a car guy down the block. All inspirational. But seeing Mark Donohue race at Watkins Glen in the 70s and hearing that long loud wine coming over the hills did it for me. These and other car moments led me to my deep appreciation of hot rods and kustoms that I love today. Slim

6. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

It's all good.

It's the application of the ideas that make them on topic, IMO.

7. raaf

raaf

francoise hardy...definitely inspiring. ;)

8. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Looking forward to whatever it is............my two year old couldn't sleep last night, so we sat up watching HDNet's show about the auto-union 1939 type d, and then after that was some vintage ferarris and other exotics and race cars.

9. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Hahaha. Awesome. It all goes hand in hand.

10. Ryan ... thanks.

11. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome .. . I dig it!!!!!

12. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Could you have possibly done more to prevent me from serving my employer today?!

Thanks Chief!

13. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Ryan thanks, almost makes me want to rejoin VSCRA and go vintage road racing again.
    I was at the 69 Donnybrooke race. I was at turn 2A when Robert Koch of Australia went off at about 150mph and landed his Mustang in the trees, he climbs out and down the tree and was laughing must have been one hell of a ride. The next lap Mark Donahue motor brakes and he roll to a stop in front of me, he was beating on the hood in anger, a total contrast to the previous driver.
    Yes those were the days of road racing, I do miss them, racing today has lost its charm due to the insurance company's and lawyers now telling SCCA how to run their races.

again Ryan thanks for the memories

jim h

14. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I've got a massive (poor man's) GT-40 Jones going right now... Thanks.

I've been getting into DIY Audio lately... Some things I find inspiring in the same general way... Building cool, refined, classy stuff, yourself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Fangio in a Merc for spice...

[​IMG]

15. Thanks for the posting a real mix of interesting items. That piece on Mulholland Drive reminded me that I was racing there FORTY YEARS ago and the debate on what to do about street races there was already over a decade old! :eek:

16. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice............soon?

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Think.

:)

18. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

19. eddie1

eddie1

Ryan, not trying to offend or complain, its all interesting stuff, but your kind off all over the place today. To much coffe this morning? Ha Ha :D

20. Jon Dunchack

Jon Dunchack

VERY exciting - can't wait!

21. punkroder

punkroder
    from socal

I get it, rad!

22. It all looks good to me!!! Many of those inspirational items are why I think the HAMB should go to 1969 or even 70 instead of 64!!! The Moss interview was cool. Richard Hammond is a funny dude and for anyone who gets the BBC and doesn't watch Top Gear, you should as it is hillarious.

23. Mr4Speed

Mr4Speed

Judging by the pictures and film clips I'm guessing our friend must be Metalshapes?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  24. Guess I'll just have to wait & see what it is.

All I got from this is that Megan is thinking about Good Wood.

JH

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Looks like billet to me ,Lol

26. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Love the steering wheel.
    Loved the videos.
    I had forgotten how many red lights there use to be in drag racing
    The lady in the helmet is a real looker
    BUT Ryan posted muscle cars on the Jalopy Journal?! Along with bracket racing!

Building a race car is my guess from your random thoughts

Hmmm didn't you use to race a chevy
    A chevelle competing with Porsche, BMW, Lotus, Ferrari?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  27. amitygravel

amitygravel

Those photos made a sucky day a little less so. But I wonder. Who was the FIRST John Q Public that saw the very first Charger Daytona rolling down the street ? And what went through his mind?

28. James66g

James66g

Dude that Red vette withthe #3 on the door is the baddest ass vette I have ever seen at first glance I thought ferrari then I was like THAts a VEtte!? way cool! As for non related things circling back to Car realated things that happens to me daily! I love and respect anything with wheels on it! and inspriation is every were!

29. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That image of the word "THINK" in the middle of the steering wheel reminds me of my father. He worked for IBM for 37 years starting in the 50s and used to carry around these small brown leatherette pads of paper that IBM gave out to all employees. Printed on the front was the word "Think". This is where they got the name for the laptops later.

Attached Files: