Register now to get rid of these ads!

A good rodding day PART II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8-Rider, Feb 23, 2006.

1. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Yesterday where "A good rodding day, PART II "

Here is Part one for background.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74756

Sometime early/mid November a box left Madison New Jersey. According to Bruce Lancaster it contained some “heavy chunks of Patina”. In other words some of my holy grails. Chromed front brakes. Chrome, as in old patinated chrome.

Then started the post-drama of the century. You would not believe it and I’m going to bring out a short version.

- Box sent with metered mail.
    - Eager Waiting waiting waiting
    - No box arrives around assumed time.
    - Search started
    - No tracking nr. Means no rights. They charge you for sending, but has no - responsibility.
    - Finaly about 3 weeks ago I got a receipt of an incoming shipment ready for pic up. - - Note Saying “To big for mailbox”, means that this is not a regular traceable parcel post shipment. MUST BE FROM BRUCE!!!!
    - Off to local post office. NO BOX, THERE with that number or my name on it !!!!!!!!!!
    - Fury and frustration grows
    - Customer service tries a search, no luck, and man, am I fed up on careless postal employees.
    - Privat investigation starts. Infiltrating the organisation by talking nice and cunning out phone numbers not supposed to be given to customers etc. NO LUCK and more careless postal employees. 

On Tuesday this week I finally got a letter from the Post systems customer service explaining the search is over and box is lost/missing.

:D:D:D:D:D further down in the mail box is regular receipt of a shipping to be picked up at the local office. FROM BRUCE LANCASTER. :D:D:D:D on the same god damn day. BELIVE THAT!!!!!

Oh joy, ohh happiness.

It was just what I’ve wanted. Not only brakes but spindles and a steering arm aswell. :):):):):):):):)
    Of course I could have chromed the parts I have and left it out in the bed of flowers out back for a season or two, but this is the real deal. HARD if ever possible to come by over here. Who chromed brake parts in Norway 30-60 years ago?? A FEW I CAN TELL YOU.

Trial assembly pics below. even the drop on the spindlearms fit my application. just needs some tapering of holes to put the unibals on top. (thanks klazurfer).

A very good rodding day
    Thanks Bruce.....and a thorough search for more of your holy grails is escalating.
    You are a good man!!

Paul

Attached Files:

2. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

15 minutes later, after some LIGHT elbow grease, the crap has gotten the look I want.

Where a bit rough with the soft rag, so I got some loose flakes of Patina lying around.
    I assume there is no warranty left on the chrome job????

if you turn around 180 degrees you can see my big smile. I love this.

Paul

Attached Files:

3. klazurfer

klazurfer

Man , that looks waaay COOL !!!
    Now I`m realy starting to HATE you :D :D
    KLAZ

4. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Bruce

No mysterious stampings or any other sign of it having been in Saudi Arabia, Cape Town or Mongolia.

Hey, not even stains of the Camel saliva you protected it againt with the decars of clear tape.

Just plain old sloooooow from A to B I guess. May have been used as a spair chair in some lunch room somewhere, since the carboard where a bit saggy. :)

Paul

5. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

no pics?

here is pics!

Attached Files:

6. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys overseas have to be praised for your paitence. waiting for mailed parts is a bust. keep up the good work.:D

7. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Not the first time I've hearda story like that.
    Once I sent a NOs headlight lense for a Terraplane to Brazil.
    It made it all the way to the guys little home town...then they said the street was spelled wrong...and bounced it all the way back to Denver.
    Imagine all the e-mails etc.. Sent it again express....he recieved it broken!
    Finally just sent one to a family member in L.A. had it in 3days.
    This whole thing took about 6 months.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

9. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Therer is always a good part to even the sadest situation.

Now I don't have to show any ID or anything when at the postoffice. It's "Hi Paul"

Small office. I've become the dude with all the weird boxes.
    Expect a christmas card from USPS any year now.

I'm so glad these brakes made it. They really did the thing for my chassie. Hooked up the rear end the other day.
    The resurrection of a Hot Rod have started.

VIVA LA HAMB. Are you aware of how much good that comes out of this forum of yours Ryan???? :):):):):):)

Paul