Register now to get rid of these ads!

A good reason to get pissed!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olddrags, Apr 29, 2009.

1. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

in NY they suspend your license and you do jail time if johnny law catches you without insurance

2. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Well, theres your problem, If I were you I would sue for the deductable... on principal,,, because I am an asshole that way.

3. DMFB

DMFB

My thoughts exactly!

4. RDR

RDR

seems to me if states pass laws you must be insured and you aren't...they're at fault..What's wrong with current tags; current insurance...(Ins is part of the cost of tags..done deal) Would a lawsuit against the state ever fly.because according to the state every car that is operating on current tags has showed proof of insurance...(yah right, at least for the day they went to DMV)....H2Omonkey nailed it!!...gov't is out of control and fairly pathetic anyway...individuals need to take the responsibility for their actions........sorry for your accident...and the hassles that follow

5. skullhat

skullhat

thats not true in cal. i collect on non-insured, and under-insured policies all the time for damages to vehicles.(repair shop 35years) the main difference with non-insured over your standard collision is you get treated as though the other company was paying, that is , you dont have to pay your deductible.
    i cant give advice to all states, but in cal you want to be sure and have uninsured, and under insured coverage, as you are most likely to be hit by some one with no coverage. it usually takes 3o days or so to verify they have no coverage, then the non-insured kicks in and covers ya, rather than put it on your collision,,,,also they cant raise your rates based on that claim
    also, if they have the state minimum of 5000 , that might not cover to much damage to your car, so the under-insured is good to have as well

as to the oringnal poster, just let your insur co pay for your car and go after her , thats what they are there for, and sue her for the deductible in small claims as people have mentioned.

skull