Register now to get rid of these ads!

A good reason to get pissed!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olddrags, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Damn that sucks, from what I see it looks to be a easy fix. Are you running the wider rear fenders?? If so what brand?

2. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

It's a fairly simple repair, just the principal of the whole no Ins. mess. X-Gasser , their old Chicago wider rear fenders, they work great w/late GM disc brake rear 10 bolt!

3. metalman

metalman

Even thou New Mexico is a "mandatory" insurance state you got to pay the extra for uninsured motorest. I heard the other day 83% of drivers in this state don't have insurance. Our fine is like $50 bucks, cheaper then insurance so why bother, state won't help collect for damages. I've been hit 4 times in the last 20 years or so, never by someone insured.
    On the positive side, one lady that totaled my wifes car brought me a check to cover it, and the check cleared! Maybe you'll get lucky!

4. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

so you need a good place to hide the body?

5. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

FYI in CA the law allows you to jerk someone's drivers license in this situation. You have to sue in small claims, win, and take the Judgment with the police report showing she had no insurance to the DMV.

They'll revoke her license. It's amazing how fast broke people find the money then. Your state may have a similar law.

6. Anderson

Anderson

Good time for a chrome bumper upgrade.

7. Uninsured motorist insurance in ALL States covers personal injury to people in your vehicle ONLY, in case the mouth-breathing, meth'd-up jackass in the other vehicle is uninsured (hence the name "uninsured motorist insurance"!), and has nothing to do with an uninsured motorist in terms of covering damages to your vehicle. Never has. Ever.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  8. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

:D
    The idea had crossed my mind!!

9. 69fury

69fury

In Kansas, without insurance, you (can) get towed, thumbprinted, suspended, fined 3-500bux and then you have to buy some kinda special insurance for a freaking year, EVEN IF YOU DONT DRIVE or DONT OWN A CAR- they require you to have the insurance for 12 months (and it isn't cheap from those i've talked to).

I dont think that's enough tho. I think that's fine if you just get caught, but if you are in a wreck then i beleive garnishment of wages (just like child support) or garnishment of tax returns (like people that owe any state agency in KS).

sorry to hear about your ride man, glad you're unharmed.

10. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Sorry to hear about your mishap. :(Thankfully you were not hurt.

With all the confusion it sounds like most of us need to make a call to our insurance companies to find out what coverage we have and what coverage we should have.:confused:

11. lol!!!!

12. Painter D

Painter D
    from DFW

Damn, I wish it was like that everywhere.

13. I can her her now,,,"but,, officer,,it's just an old car!" HRP

14. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Sorry to hear about your raw deal.

I wonder how much damage a hit like that would have done to a late model car with all the crumple zone shit.

15. garcoal

garcoal

take her to samll claims court now . you need every bit of info you can get have weather report for that day she will claim the road was wet call the insurance company that she showed you the will be most have to give you proof she didnt have valid insurance they will be off the hook . keep track of any expense you have with this anything when you go to court the ajudge will see you aare not a deadbeat but they can only allow you to be repaid for proof of expense in front of them also get payroll deduction from the deadbeat thats harder form them to forget you ask why i know this . my daughter was hit by a local deadbeat ,they dont seem to think they should pay i will have hauled them to court twice probably never will get all my money but its sure fun to watch them explodewhen they have to go in front of the judge again

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

With the amount of illegals and broke dick motherfuckers driving up & down I-35 in this area, it's pretty much a necessity to have uninsured motorists insurance.

Sorry to hear about your car. Atleast you're not hurt.

17. Man, I've heard and lived that story, too many times.

Good luck with it all.

Howard

18. elrobo818

elrobo818

dang.. sorry to hear that man... good luck trying to get her to pay up. ya should have waited to call the cops and held that over her.... she probably would have paid.

19. mackster

mackster

Take her to court! i know you said she was a two bagger, but does she have an 18 year old daughter ? ? ? ? ? :confused: :D

get her license suspended/revoked I can almost hear her counting all her money to get you what you deserved. hopefully your insurance wont go up. . .:eek:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Sorry your car got hurt. Already been pointed out that you weren't hurt, the damage is minor, and after a couple of days, it doesn't seem so bad, does it? We felt the same way about Craigs Impala. It sucks, and ruins your day at the time, but it's all gonna work out.

21. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Incidents like these make me think: who will do repair? I don't trust a run of the mill body shop... Since it is a car that I (or any owner) built...

22. that's a bitch(what happened -and her

23. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Yep if it would of happened to me it might get a little hot!

Attached Files:

24. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

I got rear-ended by a guy one day. He had the insurance card for the cop (they send it with your renewal bill), and he got a ticket for following too close...

We got the opportunity to stand around waiting for the cops to arrive, and I asked him where he worked. He offered it up gladly.

A couple days later, I had gotten an estimate on the repairs, and I called his insurance company. They said he didnt pay his bill, so he had no insurance.

I went down to the cop shop and signed a complaint against him, and told the cops where he worked.

They went out and arrested him. He got out by promising to pay for the damages.

After a month, he hadnt yet, so I went and saw the cops again.

They went and arrested him again, this time they kept him until he paid me.
    (two nights in jail)

He also got to see the judge about "filing a false police report", "having no insurance",
    and lying to the court about making restitution. Cost him big time monies, lost his job, and his license for 120 days.

This is the ONE time the cops actually did their job, and it worked out for me in the end.

25. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

how bad did you wanna slap her right there in front of God & everyone?!?! it would have been hard to refrain!!

26. budhaboy

budhaboy

damn. Well at least its not as bad as it could be...still a bitch tho.

Here in Maryland, driving with no insurance has a max sentence of 1 year in jail(not that a 1st timer offender would get that normally, but its on the books)

27. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Sorry to hear about your car man. In Dallas they take your car! You get pulled over with no insurance. You shit gets towed. No more questions.

Also, EVERYONE put a disposable camera in your car. If you get in a wreck, take the whole roll!!!! The other driver(!), the curb, the cars, the directions, the street signs, the damage, the sky, the road, the point of impact, everything. Take the whole roll!!! Could save your a$$ in court.

28. If you got her insurance stuff, surely you got her address? If so, go there and knock out all the windows in her car.

29. roddinron

roddinron

Man, good lookin' women have it made don't they, according to some of you guys if she'd have been better looking all it would have cost her was a blow job! I don't care what she looks like, if she hits me she's going to pay just like anybody else.
    Sorry to hear about your car man, glad you're ok, hope you get it straightened out, and uh, are you sure your neck is ok?

30. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Damn don't shot me! The old blue dots are hard to see. The fact she is not
    Insured is just wrong - I feel bad for you.