Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A good reason to buy an ISKY CAM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

So I just got the new ISKY cam for my engine. I couldn't help but notice the tag on the box.

It says that all Iskenderian parts are 100% guaranteed to be made in the USA by American workers, and with American materials. They are also a family owned business.

I think this is awesome. It is something I did not know when I bought it, but now I am pretty happy I did go ISKY. I'm a big supporter of American made. We need more stuff like this on the market.

2. flathead4d

flathead4d

Yahoo! Good to know.

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

used a couple in small blks--ran very well--like their stuff and American made--AMEN

4. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Last year at the CHRR I walked out of my hotel room to get a free cup of coffee in the office. I got my coffee and saw this guy sitting at a table drinking his free cup of coffee. It was Ed Iskenderian. I said hello and he asked me to sit down. We talked for a few minutes about racing and his old shop. What a great guy. A true hero of the Hot Rod world and he took time to have a cup of coffee with me. I buy Isky parts.

5. cracker head

cracker head

He will give you a personal tour of his shop/business and talk about the "old days". I highly recommend going if you happen to be in the area.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Call Ed up at the shop and get a tour of the place. Talk about going back in time when you go through the doors.

7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Ed Iskenderian started it all.He is the man! The camfather

8. I put an Isky in my T, my dad ran nothing but Iskys in the 60s. One of the true legends. Scholar and a gentleman

9. Winfield came before ED, Ed studied under him.

10. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,I'm ruunin' an old '60's Isky 550 Super LeGarra in my SB Blower Motor ,,it's over 40 years old ,,and is still perfect ,,,

11. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

<<>>> ,, Bruce Crower came along back then too ,i ran his cam in my 396 BB C/Gasser in '68 ,,i was a Crower Dealer in the late '60's when i was in Alaska ,,,great cams n kits ,,

12. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I've always been impressed when dealign with ISKY!!! Good to hear your post!!!!

13. Deuces

Deuces

That good news makes me feel warm an' fuzzy all over.... :):) That's part of the reason I bought my '05 pony. It was built here in Michigan by Americans.

14. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

His shop is the shit, his cams are the shit, his T is the shit. Ed is definitely the shit!

15. r8odecay

r8odecay

I just put my new ISKY Torque cam in last week! Can't wait to finish the heap and check it out!

16. Remember..."Any cam, any grind $35"? Guess who that was...:D