Register now to get rid of these ads!

A good machine shop in So Cal to punch out a 327

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2xcrash, Apr 9, 2008.

1. 2xcrash

2xcrash

I got a 327 that I was told was a runner. After pulling the heads I find the #8 cylinder wall is scored and ruff So I guess I'll be rebuilding my first motor. Anyone know a good machine shop in the Riverside, Los Angeles or San diego area I'll drive for a good shop that charges a good price. Any help on a good speed shop could help also.

2. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

try Hollins Machine Shop in Orange, a mom and pop shop that does good work.

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

4. try TG's Machine in Hawthorne
    Reath Automotive in Long Beach
    Valley Head Service in Northridge

5. I didn't know Reath was still doing business. I heard he retired a couple years ago. If he's still around he would be my first choice.

Do NOT go to TG's I can name 2600 reasons why Tony is an asshole.

Harry Vellio's been around for a long time and is great for basic machine work (and he does most of TG's machining) but he would not be my first choice for balancing.

I have not dealt with Valley Head personally, but they have been around forever, and have a reputation for good work.

6. Fogger

Fogger

Valley Head Service. Lots of experience with SBC. Larry Ofria, owner, is a real drag racer. Highly recommend them for block and head service. The FOGGER

7. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Orange engine and parts in Orange, Ca.

8. tooslow54

tooslow54

Pacific Performance in Anaheim

9. 53burb

53burb

Why don't you get a hold of some of the HAMB'rs that are on here that own shops??? Guys like Jimmy White and others. I am pretty sure they either do it or send it out to be done for their customers cars... KNUX!

10. Scotch

Scotch

Consolidated Auto Machine Shop (CAMS) on Gothard in Huntington always did all my stuff when I was out there. Quality is tops! The owner is named Yo - he's the best.

~Scotch~

11. 40mel

40mel
    from SoCal

Dugans in Riverside. Great work and closer to you. 9072 limonite ave. Ph #951-681-1961. Ray Fields.