Register now to get rid of these ads!

A good car week for a Lincoln guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Dec 20, 2006.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Despite being sick on the whole trip to New York and back. I had a freakin great week. I got the old race motor (Lincoln 368 with a B&M tranny and Hurst shifter and met a really cool guy to boot. He's been building since the early 50's and perhaps the first I've ever met that had the foresight to photograph and scrapbook each of the cars from then to today. It was pretty amazing. He's built ALOT of cool hot rods. I was planning to buy another 54 Ford glasstop to put this in but I backed out at the last minute on Ebay. I couldn't figure out why but something was telling me it wasn't time to spend the money.

Then I find something else on the trip that told me what I was saving my money for....A guy owned a Lincoln Mercury dealership from the 40's and sold it in the 60's but he kept a ton of cars and still has them. I've started buying some of them and there is some cool race Lincoln stuff, including cars, in the bunch that were dealer sponsored back in the day. As a Lincoln guy, it's the holy grail for me. I plan to be posting up some cool stuff from wherever I end up after my wife gets wind of this and kicks me out of the house. Beep...there a 430 powered merc wagon in the bunch that would look awfully nice towing that 430 rail of yours...

2. Hanksville Hot Rods

Hanksville Hot Rods
    Alliance Vendor
    from Denver-ish

That's very cool, Scooby. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those motors someday, it'd be a very different kind of powerplant to have.

Hank

3. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

I worked in the repo buisness for the last 3 yrs. We repo'd a whole dealership in virginia and the guy had quite a collection of original no mile showroom cars. But the kicker was he a handful of never fired race hemi's in the storage shed. Shouldve sold them to pay his loans I guess.

To stay on topic I would love to see some pics.:D

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

your a lucky man....

post some pics asap

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. hippie6

hippie6

Any parts in there??? I'm trying to locate 2 front fenders and rear quarter panel patch panels for my '54 capri 4 dr.

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Yeah, I think there probably are some parts or at least parts cars. I haven't even seen all of it yet. Just one spot. It will be a few days but I"ll let ya know.

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one???

I was second bidder on this one a few weeks ago. It sure sounds exactly like yours. I really wanted this for my 56 2 dr post Ford.:( If it's the same one, he sure turned it over quickly. The anodized retainers had me thinking it has a cam in it. If it's not the same one, you know there is a twin brother out there somewhere.

8. Mike

Mike

Good on ya, Scoob. Sounds like some cool stuff comin' your way.