Register now to get rid of these ads!

A ? for "sam-i-am"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32dreamer, Nov 23, 2005.

1. 32dreamer

32dreamer

I was looking at the pic's of your digger and was wondering if you had any better shots of the rearend brackets. It looks like they are very similar to say a ladder bar or four-link bracket. It looks like they are one of those types of brackets, just turned up 90deg's. Thanks!!!! Mitch- Detroit

2. 32dreamer

32dreamer

Too dark to tell but thanks anyways.

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

do a search of the hokey ass digger. Sam hasn't been on here since August... :(

4. 32dreamer

32dreamer

OK, thanks for the info.

5. As one of the BFD crew I will answer. The rearend brackets were made custom for the application, from (I think) .125 flat steel. Not from purchased four-link or ladder bar brackets. There are four pieces, two each side that sandwich the frame rail. The brackets are bolted to the frame rails, in case we should ever have to remove it. The brackets are welded to the rearend. Solid mounted rear, no suspension.

6. Here are some pics I found from construction. looking at the pics, I think the flat steel is .188 instead of .125 as stated earlier.

Also, just FYI, we made ALL of the brackets on the car, none were purchased. We also made the front hairpins, tie rod, drag link, throttle linkage, pedal mounts, engine mounts, tans crossmember and mount, etc. Without any fancy tools, just use your imagination and figure out what will work, then make it happen. Takes more time than buying pieces, but the difference is that you can make it exactly how you want and the result is what makes your car stand out by people who appreciate good work.

Attached Files:

7. bttt from page 5 so 32dreamer will see the pics

8. Bugman

Bugman

Where's he been anyway? I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses his posts.

9. 32dreamer

32dreamer

I did actually hear from sam on the subject. He answered my question. Good guy!!! Thank you very much for posting the pic's!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)