Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A few thoughts on the upcoming year. Take 2.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Well boys and girls here are again. Last time I did this I got a great response so I figured I try it again. As we close out this year I once again ask this question, what are your plans for the new year?, sell a stalled project to finish another? Maybe start a new one?, perhaps you’ll get to one of the events on your bucket list, maybe hang out with a famous builder or personality ( Linda Vaughn, we here on the H.A.M.B. are praying for you), or is it something else?, family gathering or vacation? C’mon don’t be shy, chime in ( this means you Ryan)

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Chucky, OLSKOOL57, VANDENPLAS and 8 others like this.
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Read the HAMB,find and buy cool stuff. Maintain a low profile.
    Don't believe in bucket lists and avoid famous people like the plague.

3. Gonna take the time off from working to attend the major shows around here. Road miles are my goal!

4. Budget36

Budget36

Buy less canned food;)

Last year I recall I wanted to get restarted on my '36 or my '57 or..., but space was an issue. But sometimes necessity dictates a positive outcome. In November when I took two weeks off, my daughters car blew a head gasket. Between getting it apart and realizing I wouldn't get it back together in time for me to get my truck back, I rushed to get another car I had smogged and tagged for her to go to work in.

Well, head gasket has morphed into pulling the engine, doing a T-56 swap and a few other things. This required space and room inside, so the upside of this is when I'm done with her car, I'll have room to put something in it's place and get going again.

So other than buying less canned food, I'm going to be working on "something" next year:)

5. I need to finish two projects this year for my two boys that will both be 16 in 2020. Building a 63 Chevy SWB pu for my oldest and a 52 Chevy short bed for my youngest that will be their daily drivers. The pressure is on and I wish I would have started earlier! :oops: Time flies...but sure looking forward to all the time in the shop working with my boys this year!

6. gene-koning

gene-koning

I've got some stuff lined up for my 48 Plymouth coupe. We have had it on the road for 7 years and 60,000 miles. When it was built, it was pretty well thrown together expecting to get maybe a couple years and a few nice weather days of fun from it. As such, there are things I need to do that were not done originally, and then there is the normal upkeep. The list is rather long, and we intend to be riding in it in the spring. I got started on it yesterday.
    Then I need to replace the transmission in my 39 Dodge pickup and hopefully send it down the road to a new owner.
    I have sitting and waiting a 49 Dodge pickup to build. It probably won't be very HAMB friendly, because I'm in need of a winter work truck. I'm hoping the sale of the 39 will fund the build of the 49.
    Then there is a full season of cruising with the wife on the menu for this summer. Gene

7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I'd really like to finally finish the body work and paint on the '30 Pickup. Maybe more, I could keep going with the tired old 283, but it would be nice to either freshen that up or find a nice 327 to swap it for. I've already got a good set of fuelie heads. If I could get both of those done it would be a good year.

mitch 36, jnaki, oldiron 440 and 2 others like this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Live one day at a time. I don't make many plans anymore because they always get busted for some reason. Do what I can do and be happy with it.

9. flatford39

flatford39

Going to retire in 2020 and that is what I am working hard to make happen. The goal is to pull the plug in March 2021 but I can do it anytime after June 2020.

Once retired it is 100% dedication to my long neglected projects.

10. jim snow

jim snow

Hershey, October 2020. First time. Bucket list thing. Snowman

Rickybop, The37Kid, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  11. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm retired and wrapping up my Av8 roadster build and want to put some miles on it. I have been stashing parts for the last year or so for the next project which is a 1956 Metropolitan convertible I'm going to put a 289 in. If I get anything done in that direction with all the stuff the wife plans I'll consider it a successful year! :D

oldiron 440 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. My plans almost never come to fruition, but I plan to finally finish up on my 65 Corvette and then downsize. I think I will try to sell my avatar 56 Chevy, my 48 Ford coupe and my 34 Ford truck and concentrate on rebuilding my 32 coupe once again. Then, no more projects, just enjoy the two cars I will have left, because I seemed to have lost my passion.

Hnstray, scotty t, flatford39 and 4 others like this.
  13. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Get the engine back in the '54 GMC
    Sell a bunch of parts cars
    Buy enough tools to finish some projects half done
    Work on sorting 50+ years accumulation of loose parts and sell what I don't need
    Buy more ammo
    Find 5 issues of Special Interest Autos & 7 issues of Rodder's Journal needed to complete runs
    Grow garden - really missed the green beans & tomatoes this year

14. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

I hope to finish the addition to my shop the space is so needed, but like everything in life it takes time and usually money, Im fortunate to keep up with the money but having time to dedicate to it and weather stipulations say otherwise. Oh well i will just keep pushing for a little done each month.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. Clean up all the leftover parts and just maintain and drive the dream hotrods.

most people here are due to get rid of all the projects and just get one nice driver.

16. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I have a gole of getting out in the shop more starting in the spring. Maybe finally selling off some of the stuff I will not use and use the money for things I will.

17. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Plan to finish the 48 convertible, just needs interior and top. A few engine tune up items and then drive it. Oh yeah have big plans to beat stomach cancer!

charleyw, raven, trollst and 10 others like this.
  18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'm going to go caveman style to get a new wife.

19. leon bee

leon bee

I have a lot of parts ready to build a nice Mercury flathead for my 50 Ford coupe.

And I want to get my 46 Ford 1/2 ton on the road.

And I also hope to never touch another piece of goddam sheetrock.

mnjeff, oldiron 440 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I have to finish the open driveline/T5/Ford front end swap on the ‘48 Mercury I have...

Get an OT ‘70 Challenger back on the road, it technically runs and drives but needs love, ever since I got the early iron bug I just haven’t been motivated to play with it...

Finish up all the little projects the ‘29 roadster on deuce rails needs to be a driver...

Put a windshield into a ‘56 Chevy project that is a running driving car that needs a windshield to be a real driver. I may sell it too, because I have a ‘32 roadster project that probably should be in its place. Who knows though...

Find new homes for a ‘41 Ford truck and ‘38 Plymouth truck that I just can’t imagine ever getting around to.

Basically all my stuff needs a little work and it’s then it’ll be a driver. I have been all over the place with my projects, everything is almost a driver, but I just keep getting distracted by all my other stuff so nothing is done. That and having three kids and a job have absorbed my time...

C7E70DC2-E40B-4A9E-A177-7D40D3683165.jpeg

21. loudbang

loudbang

Buy MORE canned food :rolleyes: Used cans are not a drag on the environment they are THE MOST recycled materials.

22. Budget36

Budget36

Well, I guess beer could be considered a food, now you have me rethinking things....

23. Stuff and things,
    Stuff and things.....

scotty t, chryslerfan55 and jim snow like this.
  24. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Fit the 5 sp box and maybe the Unisteer PAS BEFORE summer so that I can enjoy the car when the big freeze is over.

25. mnjeff

mnjeff

171F9406-8F9B-40F7-90FC-909A86E50131.jpeg
    Got a fresh 350 to put in the econoline, going to get the ac working, seal up the doors, and fix several other small issues...Loved dragging the scamp around last year, and planning several camping runs around the state in 2020.

scotty t, raven, stillrunners and 5 others like this.
  26. Don't be a fool man! Thats just crazy talk! :eek:
    You will never finish your projects...

Flathead Dave likes this.
  27. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finish up small projects on the '51 Ford and get started on my '50 Chevy Fleetline

28. Gotta do the brakes on one of my 1931 DB coupes.... 1382111_10201461454277230_808059259_n.jpg

LOU WELLS and stillrunners like this.
  29. Gotta get going on my 1st 1931 DB coupe again.... IMG_5740 (2).JPG

30. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

39B1C140-D036-42DD-85CE-A7711D1DDAEE.jpeg I Want to get that damn patina off.
    I want to get in paint.
    I want to lose that Belly Button Chevy
    I Want A Ross Racing Rocket And Trans.....(GOATROPER02)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    scotty t and 31Dodger like this.