Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few Pics from Frankenmuth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Donzie

Donzie

I didn't shoot a lot but the ones of all the cars were all shot from the same intersection, just in different directions. This was right after they opened the "flood gates" and let everyone pull on to Main St. It looked the California Gold Rush days. I've never seen so many people scrambling for a place to park. Within minutes the street was filled. I am surprised that there are no injuies to persons or cars.
    The black sedan is a HAMB member (JW). I understand it's a recent purchase but he's already made some improvements with plans for more. It was great to meet JW (Joe) and his buddy Steve (HotRodsToHell).
    I wish I had shot the whole car but the pics of the collector box and double headlight stand were on a '33-'34 coupe. I spoke with the owner late that night and he told me the car was built in '61. I was really intriged with the headlight stand. He said he bought it from a company, out of Flint, that was going out of business. He paid $15. brand new.
    The grey '32 coupe had belonged to Jeff Beck (famous guitarist). Apparently, Jeff had given it to his girl friend. Years later when they broke up she sold it. (Guys, there must be a lesson here somewhere). The guy who owns it is from England but is living in Midland working for Dow.
    I'm sure someone else (Denise?) has some more photos.
    PHOTOS

2. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

great pics, Donzie.....

i had a geat time Sat.

it was nice hanging with the Torrid Torqers today

3. Donzie

Donzie

Here are a couple of Chevys I thought looked nice.

Attached Files:

4. Donzie

Donzie

another:

Attached Files:

5. jdubbya

jdubbya

Hey Donzie it was great to finally put faces with names and cars with faces and so on. I had a great time friday meetin all the HAMBers and BSing with you all. The whole weekend was a good time. [​IMG]

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Just got home. Great show, perfect weather. It was very nice to meet alot of the newer HAMB folks in Michigan and a few lurkers along with the old regulars I was camera-less this weekend so you won't see any shots from me. Great job Donzie on your shots.

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

The 'Muth was a great show. I was there saturday and parking was a nightmare (my buddy and I were seriously considering parking on top of some lawnchairs) and my car was kinda dirty from washing it with the hard, Mt. Pleasant water, but the show was awesome. I chatted with Hatch and Fuelpump for a little bit (always good to see you guys) and shouted at Donzie when I was going back to get my registration (oops!), but I missed Denise, Starliner and the others. Big bummer, guys. If you ventured into the park down by the river I had the green Camaro convertible with the ugly water spots all over it. I was across from a stock '53 Ford coupe. I wish I'd had longer, or could've come back sunday.

So, who's up for K-zoo? My girl and I should be there, and probably my Dad.

8. fuel pump

fuel pump
    from Caro,MI

Nice pics Donnie, thanks. I think everyone had a blast. And meet some HAMB newbies ta boot.