Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Crap Ton Of New Swag...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'd do them for sure if I could find a decent example made in the USA... Pockets shirts are had to find man.

LTM75110 and Kiwi 4d like this.
  2. One pocket would be fine for me! Also I like the large designs on the back rather than the front! How many share that placement? The front could have just a small HAMB design over the breast. Yes I said breast!:oops: Anyway it is all cool stuff. :cool:

Darryl Deir, biggeorge, Cooon and 4 others like this.
  3. don daddyo

don daddyo

Order some nice stuffs yesterday, wait for Christmas to come...Thanks for everything...Don
    Next,will be a Alliance Member certified...

4. I just ordered a couple of things, forgot to use my Alliance discount. Then again, maybe I'll cancel my order and grab some of the bootleg stuff Mr. Norwell will be selling out of the trunk of his '57 in Toronto this weekend :D Nice work on the calendars, of course.

Good to see Dan Picasso getting credit for his awesome artwork, too bad he doesn't hang around here anymore. Sailor designed the Knowbody's shirt (or at least did the illustration), but no mention. He hasn't been on the HAMB in a very long time either, I see his name on FB sometimes and have one of his paintings hanging in my office.

loudbang and Jeff Norwell like this.
  5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Just popped into the Sales Dept of the Jalopy Journal and made a small order to support your good work here and over on the Garage Journal. Anything you can do so I get the number 48 on my key ring would be appreciated.

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I hate to be ticky-tacky, but technically there is no such thing as "Weight" of engine oils. I'm not really sure where this came from to begin with, but I suspect it just came into use because of the "W" used in some viscosity grades, but the "W" stands for Winter, not Weight. And while this may seem ticky-tacky and insignificant, I think it's important to get this stuff right; to not perpetuate misunderstandings. My suggestion for the next batch of these stickers is to replace the word Weight with Viscosity Grade, or shorten to Vis Grade or even Grade if there isn't enough room. Grade would be better than Weight.

[​IMG]

the oil soup and loudbang like this.
  7. It's common lexicon, viscosity grades are referred to as weights, nothing to do with the W in the name of some. I use straight "30 weight" in my flathead (when it's running). Come to think of it, straight 30 weight is getting damn hard to find.

Cooon and loudbang like this.
  8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, and it's common lexicon to call every 30's Ford (or other brand) a roadster. It's wrong, there is no weight, and let's stop perpetuating incorrect terminology. When you use it, you betray your ignorance, just like the person that calls a coupe a roadster. OK enough, I won't respond to anymore and detract from the thread. Just wanted to make a point to help improve the product, but don't want to get into a pissing match.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My format and copy was taken directly from an original. I didn’t play around with these... I literally had Valvoline’s corporate archives at my disposal when putting them together.

Also, looking at some of their marketing material from the 1940’s and they regularly refer to viscosity as weight in them.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I grew up with the term "weight" for oil. Right or wrong, it was used in every service station across the country. Slang, yes, maybe. Thanks for making these, I ordered a couple sets.

Cooon, lothiandon1940 and LOST ANGEL like this.
  11. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Got my good's Today! Great stuff!!! Thanx Boss... Cheer's

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAMB merch should focus on Tradition, not Technicalities. Car guys have been calling it weight for a long time. That's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
    biggeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Got me my calender, service stickers and key chain and glad it was a short weight to receive!

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always did and still call oil viscosity by it's weight.
    I did get my oil stickers, Beanie and decals in the mail and nifty stuff.
    Wore the beanie to work this morning and it is warm.

15. Got my safe house key chain in this week, too damn cool, top notch work sir!

16. Got my calendar and oil stickers. Very happy with both.
    Thanks Ryan and
    Merry Christmas
    George

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

From me to me: 2 long sleeves, 1 t-shirt and 1 calendar!
    Happy holidays guys!
    Thanks
    Junk

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. don daddyo

don daddyo

Thanks to the HAMB , thanks to Ryan, I've got my order from the post today... 2 t-shirts- one calendar1951-and the stickers I have order safe and in good shape ... I don't order very often but when I did ,it's a real treat ,now the only thing I have to do is wear it,stick it and hang it ... Thanks again ,it won't be my last order for sure...now I'm going in my garage to check on my 51 Ford Vic...

19. The swag bag is one of award season's most time-honored tradition. Since the dawn of man, or at least since the dawn of TV, actors and actresses have been getting their paws on loads of free crap to either supplement their trophy winnings or pad their pockets after a disappointing loss.

20. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got my calendar yesterday. Already hanging in the shop. Thanks

21. West Coast Guys!:rolleyes: We always said weight on the East coast.:cool: So Cal guys know nothing about Winter.:confused:Yes I am jealous!;)
    Received my stuff! It is all good.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    biggeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. For those who are not familiar, (specifically a certain person from So Cal) 40W is not a winter oil.
    Thank You Ryan, for getting it right!

23. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Ryan the H.A.M.B. has landed in Idaho...Thanks and enjoy the Holidays... IMG_6560.JPG

24. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Mine arrived today. Thank you Ryan. I got 35 and not 48 on my tag and in the finish I am not worried about that. The calendar is great.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  25. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The calendar is stellar, especially since it is my birth year
    Thank you

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LOU WELLS likes this.
  26. Thanks Ryan. Got my calendar, key chain, tshirt, toaster cozy, golf club covers, trailer hitch cover, bumper stickers, pasties, beach umbrella, ball gag, glow in the dark frisbee®, dog collar, crying baby doll, 1911 pistol grips, decoder ring, salad spinner, his-n-hers nipple clamps, coffee mug, pen and pencil set (with letter opener), dead blow hammer, miniature gas pump, wrapping paper, cheese tray, air freshener, jumper cables, Vans™ slip-ons, hookah, giant novelty foam finger, silk pocket square, switchblade comb, vuvuzela, inflatable party sheep, mint chocolate cookies, feather roach clip, pick-a-nick basket and x-ray glasses.

I think my Christmas shopping is pretty much done, but I was a bit bummed the Vern Tardel action figure is on back-order.

;)

J.Ukrop, Tobbe J, tb33anda3rd and 2 others like this.
  27. Not to derail this further but I love these kind of comments. The "specific person from So Cal" you are calling out is a lubricant engineer I am guessing he knows what he is talking about?:rolleyes:

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Nice to see the HAMB calendar tradition continue with Norwell carrying the torch. He's the dreamiest. :) I'm off to order one.

Jeff Norwell and barryvanhook like this.
  29. gave my list to the jolly fat one............i hope she gets them for me.:)

Crusty Chevy likes this.
  30. Tobbe J

Tobbe J

Nice stuff! When will the key ring and beanie be available again?

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.