Register now to get rid of these ads!

A couple of Ford Flathead questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beerbelly, Aug 22, 2010.

1. beerbelly

beerbelly
    from Shiner, TX

239 in a ford f5 truck. Stock, Farm use all its life, so when something broke, it got jury rigged. Now I own it and I'm looking at the oil filter canister, and it isn't hooked up. The hose coming out of the bottom of the filter canister is just pinched off. I have the service manual, it doesn't give a diagram, I guess they figured no one would have to put the thing together after 59 years of neglect. Anyway, how does it plumb in? I know it isnt much of a filtering system, but I'd like to hook it up anyway. Also, where, physically, on the block is the oil pressure sending unit? I think it got pulled and plugged back when Nixon was in the Whitehouse and I would like to plumb in a mechnical gauge from that port, if I can find it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

2. 36el

36el
    from sweden

The Oil line from the bottom of the canister goes to thr l/h side of the block yust abowe where the oilpan is attached,follow a straight line down and you will find the fitting,the oil press x mitter is lockated on the rear of the block l/H side