Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A couple ‘60 El Camino Questions.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al T, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Would anyone be able to measure the length of the top of a door panel for me? I’m wondering if the metal “rail” at the top of the door panel from the rear doors of my parts car are long enough to modify to use on my El Camino.
    Also wondering if someone could tell me the length of the metal track that the bottom of the window glass sits in to mount to the window regulator.
    Thanks in advance.
    Allan
    E4AF6BD8-FB5C-4886-9261-4A4EC1CB65D9.jpeg

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

If i remember correctly, You can use the back half of the rear door from 4 door, and the front half of the front door from 4 door. cut to length and weld. Im old i may have it backwards but you can figure it out. Those door Tins are hard to come by.
    Good luck

Al T likes this.
  3. Hey Al, my door panels are completely gone but I'll see if the sash channels are in there in the morning.

Al T likes this.
  4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

"Also wondering if someone could tell me the length of the metal track that the bottom of the window glass sits in to mount to the window regulator."

Ans. 26"