Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects a cold chance in Hel..p

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Jul 4, 2012.

1. So...........

There's a cold chance in Hell that I could work a deal on a 33 5W that's already had a bunch of work done. I'm trying to find a fair value. Man, I want this car bad.

It's a possibility I could trade some labor for part of it, sell my F1 and some other junk to finance the rest. I want this to be a fair transaction for both of us. I'm not looking to steal it and won't be reselling. I'd be building. I already have an early, solid lifter 327 Vette motor and a Muncie M21.

The owner has quite a few nice project and finished cars but admits he has more projects than he'll ever finish. It's been a couple years since the 33 has been touched. He also has a few muscle and classic cars painted and ready to be assembled. (which is where I come in)

The 33 is in really good shape and bare metal. Already been chopped about 3 inches and that work is finished well. Has a "Bitchn' Products?" recessed firewall and modern transmission tunnel. Filled roof. All the bodywork is done with lead and looks very nice but still has some more to do. Good floor. Not a speck of rust. Grill is in great shape but not bright chrome. Has a radiator. Boxed frame with V8 engine mounts. Good title.

There's a hood w-sides, decklid, fenders, windshield frame, garnish moldings and hardware that I haven't seen but it's probably decent stuff. Rear axle is a 9". Front suspension looks like a Heidt's IFS which would be changed back to original style.

I've looked, but not many complete 33-34 projects pop up to compare with. Any comments and/or dollar value would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flathead okie

flathead okie

pics don't show

3. barney rubble

barney rubble

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

from what you describe, my guess would be a value somewhere between 25 and 30k, based on what stuff is trading for these days. the Bitchin' firewall hurts the value some, which is probably good for you. good luck. nothin' like a model 40.

5. adam401

adam401

Wow, Mark thats the same $$$ I was thinking, about 25 grand but Id try real hard to get it for like 17 grand. Good luck, sounds awesome.

6. can you see them now?

Attached Files:

7. brady1929

brady1929

Man that is nice. They are not making them anymore so pay what it is worth. My guess is 20k.

8. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

That my friend is one great start to a 345/window, hence the 34 grill, 34 cowl, 34 doors, 34 inner rear wells etc.
    I would say depending on what other parts come with the deal, you should pay between 20 to 25K would be a fair shake.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

9. D Rod, thanks for clearing up the year. I obviously don't know squat and didn't realize that these were so valuable.

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that looks like a great start. you should really find a way to get it if it's within the realm of possibility. it's awfully nice.