Register now to get rid of these ads!

A challenge for the next HAMB drags.............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

NO, I don't mean buy it together.....

Hmmm..... how do I put this?

I offered the gayest guy I know, all of my few fabrication tools to build an old Dragmaster chassis clone, but he would rather build some gay super secret 1978 Ford Pinto Tulsa digger instead.

I was just gonna help him mock it up and build it. I just like to fabricate. I figure there are guys out there like me that just enjoy building stuff and would rather help someone else to get their fab fix.

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">That's not what you said in bed last night, SAILOR.

Who you calling gay anyway? </font>

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Did I say it was you? Hmmmm???

4. Tuck wants to join up with the Rocky Racing and Knitting team.. Our motto?
    "We usta turn 20's"
    Or better yet: Tuck, you could join my team and we could field a 2 hemi-car team....we'd hafta come up with a real snappy [TM] team name. We could wear really gay skin-tight Oregon State Football uniforms with Shriner fez's...I already have my fez!
    Germ, I'm lookin forward to seeing you at the races.

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">Team Name?

OOOHHHH!!

We could be Team ROOT-RASH!!

Dude, we would get ALL the ladies! </font>

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

The rashy-root square tires gang!!!!!!!!!

7. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    OSCAR WILDE

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU GOT IT!

8. Root, I surely hope you're not still sore at me for slugging you in the arm the other day... it's just that I think we are both on the same wave-length, man...

I would jump in and help a friend any way I could just so I can see him have the fun of running down the strip in his own creation... If I didn't have so much attachment to the things I've built... I'd scrap them in a second to start another... the RR was supposed to be a "rotatable" car through my tiny stable of two hot rods... but the things is so damn fun to drive... worry free... comfortable cruising... I just can't seem to part with it... and then there's the BFD... my buddy Tim, whom I'm partners with... don't sell nuthin'! And we went a little overboard with making a lot of parts extra special... it would be hard to part with it either... but I have a hankerin' to build another drag machine... and a fast one... ON THE CHEAP... The first guy that I thought of was germ... the kid has soul... I dreamed up something that would make him a true ruler... not some NHRA tech passing car you tour the west coast GG drag events with... but a REAL extra special car that would make Big Daddy proud... only germ is talking about banger powered antiques... the guy has it in him to go FAST... why fuck around with another antique... anyway... I sit here... dreaming of when the wife will cool off... and I will get the time and money... to do yet another car...

Speaking of challenges... the brain was working overtime on two new ideas... when guys start getting serious enough to build a car to race at MOKAN... I think we need to set up a claimer class... with a $500 claim rule on the motors of ALL cars in competition... or maybe just the winner... but make it worth his while... he wins $500 and someone gets his motor for $500... so theoretically... he should only sink a grand into his mill...

which brings me to the great mill race-off... if LA32 decides he wants the motor in the BFD... I want to build a motor for $999 that will make the BFD run at least 9.99... we can swing that amount of cash... so it would be fun... or why not have yet another raffle??? Someone can collect the dough, take $999 of it to build another motor... and then raffle it off (no buy backs [​IMG] ) ... it could work???
    No?

I think my claimer motor deal is the better idea... maybe make the cars all have to weigh a certain weight? Say at least 1500lbs??

You know... all this is just pure mental masturbation... I would just encourage a group of guys to just meet and scrap something together... it can be an old four door rambler... or an old altered or digger... like Nike... Just DO it! I know of a half a dozen guys on here that could pull it off... no problem... if you think it sounds like fun... stop fuckin' around and just get over to one guys shop...

I think the most important thing is that people need to stop thinking about what they cannot do... and start thinking about what they can do TOGETHER!

That's deep.

Jack, you up to haulin' ass?

Sam.

9. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    Root, I surely hope you're not still sore at me for slugging you in the arm the other day... it's just that I think we are both on the same wave-length, man...

I would jump in and help a friend any way I could just so I can see him have the fun of running down the strip in his own creation... If I didn't have so much attachment to the things I've built... I'd scrap them in a second to start another... the RR was supposed to be a "rotatable" car through my tiny stable of two hot rods... but the things is so damn fun to drive... worry free... comfortable cruising... I just can't seem to part with it... and then there's the BFD... my buddy Tim, whom I'm partners with... don't sell nuthin'! And we went a little overboard with making a lot of parts extra special... it would be hard to part with it either... but I have a hankerin' to build another drag machine... and a fast one... ON THE CHEAP... The first guy that I thought of was germ... the kid has soul... I dreamed up something that would make him a true ruler... not some NHRA tech passing car you tour the west coast GG drag events with... but a REAL extra special car that would make Big Daddy proud... only germ is talking about banger powered antiques... the guy has it in him to go FAST... why fuck around with another antique... anyway... I sit here... dreaming of when the wife will cool off... and I will get the time and money... to do yet another car...

Speaking of challenges... the brain was working overtime on two new ideas... when guys start getting serious enough to build a car to race at MOKAN... I think we need to set up a claimer class... with a $500 claim rule on the motors of ALL cars in competition... or maybe just the winner... but make it worth his while... he wins $500 and someone gets his motor for $500... so theoretically... he should only sink a grand into his mill...

which brings me to the great mill race-off... if LA32 decides he wants the motor in the BFD... I want to build a motor for $999 that will make the BFD run at least 9.99... we can swing that amount of cash... so it would be fun... or why not have yet another raffle??? Someone can collect the dough, take $999 of it to build another motor... and then raffle it off (no buy backs [​IMG] ) ... it could work???
    No?

I think my claimer motor deal is the better idea... maybe make the cars all have to weigh a certain weight? Say at least 1500lbs??

You know... all this is just pure mental masturbation... I would just encourage a group of guys to just meet and scrap something together... it can be an old four door rambler... or an old altered or digger... like Nike... Just DO it! I know of a half a dozen guys on here that could pull it off... no problem... if you think it sounds like fun... stop fuckin' around and just get over to one guys shop...

I think the most important thing is that people need to stop thinking about what they cannot do... and start thinking about what they can do TOGETHER!

That's deep.

Jack, you up to haulin' ass?

Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEEEAARRR... ok, im pumped... again, i gots a spare 35 truck frame setup for a 9inch plus a cab and either SBC which should still run, or a cadi 390 w/ tranny!

10. I dunno, Sam....it took sooooooooo long to scrape the $$ together to buy my ancient engine and then the time and effort to find the shit to make it work...I don't want to lose my engine, even for a $1000 bill, especially after building my entire car around the pecularities of an old hemi.... But of course, in my self absorbed way, I'm imagining someone else actually wanting my engine in the first place!
    I gotta give the idear a thumbs down. Now, if I was gonna run a sbc, it'd be a different story.

11. plan9

plan9

cna pick up a SBC running for dirt cheap... or grab a late model cad motor... haul ass in the rambler!!

12. Rocky, when you consider the type of car that you're building... of course, the idea is a bad one... but if you were to take... say your old Rambler (the Rocky 59??) slap a good rear end under it, some slicks, a good auto tranny and then a junkyard motor on Nitrous under the hood... that's the type of thing I'm talking about! These aren't motors that are "special" but motors that are expendable... useful... but not cool for what they are... for what they produce... a SBC is a PERFECT example... a Mopar 440 another... or a 383... or an Olds 455... odd brutes... the cars that we would put them in would also be a group effort by groups around the country... as quick as Killer or that guy over in SLO that used to be on here (the one that has the home made intake on the Olds motor in the woodie he built in High School...) anyway, slap a rail job together, get a crap motor and then RUN IT!!

Wha?

It could work... the stock car guys have been doing it for years!
    Sam.

13. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

OH YEAH the HEMI HELLFIRE TEAM [TM]

im all over that.... I can picture it now, the pits, with THE rocky36 and the Tuck28, the women, the hot tub and MTV... Ryan standing in for Carson Daily... it would be totally brilliant. ROCKY with his white beard tickler[tm] and kara giving mrs. rocky a back rub in here bikini. While we kick back inbetween blowing away the competition like the FLY etc etc... Tman cooking us lunch and the RRT camper rocking some HIGH NOON and BLEED... we could charge admission to the pits and it would pay for the build up of our rides...

im not hip on yer uniform idea though rock...

14. Ehhhhh, who's Kara? The chick in Jolene's dream?
    What a production! We'd HAVE TO charge admission to cover Bob Bleed's fee...

15. Honest

Honest
    from Dallas Tx

How about a T roadster body tied to a frame manufactured from abandoned oil well pipe.
    A 348 4 speed combo stick welded in under the cowl..sporting a too wide 9 inch and Hamms beer keg gas tank.
    Farmall steering box, steering wheel and ..and three rib implement tires removed from the shit spreader wagon.
    Square roll bars and windshield off of the "Batmobile" 50s fiberglass ski boat in the pasture.

Two huge truck batteries for ballast..in a pickup bed made from a nickel Coke machine and plywood scraps. A neat fiberglass seat "borrowed" from the local laundry mat.

No radiator ..no front brakes...no fear

It's been done...

16. Ok, maybe not THAT primative [​IMG]

But I like the way you're thinking... and that is... CHEAP. [​IMG]
    Sam.

17. FWilliams

FWilliams

claimer racing sucks, and has been the downfall of more friendships and grassroot racing series than i care to recall

18. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    How about a T roadster body tied to a frame manufactured from abandoned oil well pipe.
    A 348 4 speed combo stick welded in under the cowl..sporting a too wide 9 inch and Hamms beer keg gas tank.
    Farmall steering box, steering wheel and ..and three rib implement tires removed from the shit spreader wagon.
    Square roll bars and windshield off of the "Batmobile" 50s fiberglass ski boat in the pasture.

Two huge truck batteries for ballast..in a pickup bed made from a nickel Coke machine and plywood scraps. A neat fiberglass seat "borrowed" from the local laundry mat.

No radiator ..no front brakes...no fear

It's been done...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get a JOB at my shop!

How much ass are we talking about hauling sam?
    I build my shitboxes on the HUSTLE and the MOVE..
    which was why I was thinking I could HUSTLE all the shit into my shop into something antique powered..??

Remember sam I been going for a long time, and HAVe just decided I need to play with something FORIEGN like a small block CHEVY in my KUSTOM...

I figured trying to bang me out a QUICK 4 BANGER powered JALOPY in a YEAR might work....????

I'm in it for the PUSSY, BEER , FUN, and rock-n-roll, and whatever HELLFIRE I can CREATE on a trip cross country..... ain't nobody getting my engine or my car unless they want to PLAY with my sweaty balls..

germ

19. Roothawg

Roothawg

The claimer deal might get some big time rivalry going. I know a guy that claimed a motor from a friend of mine , and when you claim a motor they get yours. He ended up with 8 diffeent size pistons! It was amazing this thing would even run. The guy who claimed theirs ended up smelling like a rose. They build all their stuff right. He was pissed to say the least. Dunno, would have to have some strict guidelines.

20. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">ROOT,

You know I love ya, just not that way.

I appreciate the offer but, what am I gonna do with a dragster?

Where would I build it? Keep it?

I would have to start cooking METH like every other broke dick in this neck of the woods just to fund such a proposition.

I don't know if you noticed or not, BUT, I dragged two vehicles out there That I already can't afford to do right.

I would be honored to be a part of the Drag-N-Hop team. Wish I had thought of coming down for the build-up when you were thrashing on that thing.

When that sucker whips the ass of everything else in it's class. Then I will talk about a dragster.

Oh yeah, We are looking at a place that would answer the where to build and where to keep questions. But that will be a while.

Really, I like YOUR idea overall,

The other ideas, claimers, weights, blah blah blah. Would work if kept to a certain class.

I want no part of all that crap.

I live by rules all day long.

I don't need them invading my fun time.

RASHY </font>

21. Phil1934

Phil1934

This might be just the thing to get me back on my 4 cyl Model Y project. It's been lagging due to other engine swap projects and a 70+ hour week, but looks like things are slowing down to a saner level. I might knock out a tech or two for Doc's web site along the way.

22. ok... so the claimer rule SUCKED... and the thousand dollar engine is a pipe dream... I can tell you one thing... you couldn't build a motor... even a mild street motor with good heads (like Racefab did) for anything CLOSE to a grand... the machine work alone would cost a grand! RACEFAB has access to the machine shop I hear... anyway, I think Roots idea to get people pumped is a good one... I don't think guys should beat themselves up over this... but if it's enough to get you out in the garage... building a car... let it.

And Jack, come by some time and we'll talk...
    Sam.

23. I've always thought about building a 59/60 stripped 2-door Biscayne and stuffing in abig block and doing it early 60's style and naming it "Nucking Futs!"

Travis

24. Roothawg

Roothawg

Now the way they used to do it in the day.....

Lbs. per cubic inch.

As long as people are honest this would be a lot of fun and it would always be heads up.

The idea would be to slide in at the lightest weight in the class and squeak by with the closest cubic inch to the max.

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

BTW, Rashy I never knew you quit cooking Meth........

No problem...I'll just find one of those adopt-a-friend agencies.

26. Radshit

Radshit

Root, you don't need to go to that extreme........I'll be your friend.

I just eat a lot of Tacos and Fart frequenty......

Need I remind everybody......including GERM....

There is no Replacement For Displacement!.......that's the way they used to do it Bro'S!!!!!!!!!

27. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I am excited about Germ coming.
    I want his autograph.
    Just saw his photo in the magazine.

28. It's not like germ isn't an able body and could put something together... he's go the shop to die for and the parts pile that would make any of us jealous... I'm just waiting for him to drop by so we can get started on his drag machine... possible signage on the door... "Life's a Drag" with a dude taking a hit off a pinner... or "In Drag" with two dudes running a foot race dressed in womens clothes... or...

Sam.