I had mentioned in my 302 V-8 thread about the 2 other major components that I had built for the full driveline of the eventual '32 hot rod, one the 9" rear end and this one the B-W T-5 trans. This project was completed 2 years ago after I saw a spare World Class sitting in the corner of my son's garage. H'm, that might make an interesting project. I started by getting some online information about this particular transmission as it had been years since I worked on Muncies and old top loaders. For those that have worked on these trannys they are quite easy to disassemble and work on. I pulled the whole thing apart and took dimensions from every part so I could make a complete set of drawings. This took about 120 hours. Part of that time was re-engineering certain parts so that they would work in this small scale. The major redesign was the gears. Helical gears can be cut in the home shop but the amount of work in making them would almost surpass this entire project so instead I opted for straight cut gears which took quite a bit of work to get proper gear ratios while still maintaining the shaft spacings. As with most of my miniatures I started with some blocks of aluminum, one for the main case, one for the tailshaft housing and one for the top cover. The first machining operations were the shaft and mounting holes followed by whittling out all the internal cavities. By finishing the insides first it allows you to still have square shapes on the outside to clamp and hold onto.