Register now to get rid of these ads!

A bit OT - Made in the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Thanks Ryan, you've just made an already fantastic website and message board a little bit better, nice move, as always. :cool::cool::cool:

2. A Boner

A Boner

???? Is it true that the foreign produced Vasoline has sand in it ????

3. iamdiffrnt

iamdiffrnt

One more thanks for the pile...

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

It's all about profit and savings these days. Companies that are public are obligated to increase profits for their shareholders that can be individuals or groups (pension plans, etc.). Why else invest? And as consumers we all want to decrease what we have to pay therefore the jobs follow the cheapest labour rate. Sad but true. I think back to the 60's, 70's, and a little of the 80's when my parents and myself had more disposable incomes. Something has gone off the rails with globalization. If we want to keep jobs in our respective countries we will have to agree to pay a labour rate that will be reasonable to our fellow citizens. Most people will not want to do this.

I try as much as possible to buy Canadian and shop in Canada but sometimes this is not possible. My latest purchase was a "Journal" produced in a foreign country! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  5. pumpman

pumpman

Ya made my day Ryan! Thanks and we need more of this kind of commitment.

6. Phil1934

Phil1934

As someone long of body and wide of belly, T shirts get retired from getting too short from washing rather than wearing out. Yours in the past have performed well. I hope that continues. A XX-Tall would be nice, too.

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I just remembered about Mr. Edelbrock singing hats and his book at a local suppliers trade show. He signed my book and gave me a free hat that he signed. I looked inside the hat and then commented on why does he proudly puts "Made in USA" on his products but gives out hats made in China. No answer just a glare!

8. harley rider

harley rider

way to go Ryan I just bought some HAMB swag thanks .

9. slammed

slammed

Indeed! Speedy Bill has made his many. many millions. They could try real hard to MAKE some of the products they sell. Same for J&P Cycles. Both are 'Distributors' of popular aftermarket products and accessories. Find a local anything (grower, farmer, woodsmith, ect) and see if you can at least barter.

10. jazzbum

jazzbum

Not that you wouldn't do you homework but just be sure the shirts are both made and assembled in the USA. American Apparel stuff definitely is, but i'm not sure about the others (not intended as an advertisement, just honestly not sure about any other brand but AA). I went through the same BS trying to get some domestically-produced shirts made earlier this year. Not the easiest thing to do.

If you want to save a few bucks on AA stuff, by the way, I might be able to help. We have an open business account with them and I can do a local pickup and ship, which drives the price down a bit.

Thanks for everything you do for our community and good on you for going USA-made.

11. From another veteran I say great move Ryan Makes me proud to be an Alliance member.

12. Lil32

Lil32

Good work,back home we always try to buy Aussie made but it is getting harder each day

13. Ryan,
    We have a similar sentiment. We have recently seen an influx of products that look like ours but are of inferior quality. The competition's product comes from abroad. 95% of the shift knobs we sell are made in America and we stand behind our products. We can't always hit the same price points but over-deliver in all other aspects of our biz. Top customer service. High quality. We will bend over backwards to make our customers happy. And at the end of the day, we are proud of our products and the people who choose superior quality and great customer service over the cheaper crap that looks similar but doesn't perform the same or last as well. I applaud you, brother.

14. TRuss

TRuss

It is is important that this country makes things again. That can't happen unless people support those companies that do. I don't think too many of us will confuse what you are doing with any sort over zealous patriotism or dislike for anyone other country or whatever it was that concerned you. You're doing a good thing.

15. america. fuck yea !

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your change in focus. Though I have a more political view on the subject, the bottom line to me is "Made in the USA". So what if something costs a bit more, its better quality and from here and I'll pay the difference in a heartbeat.

17. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

hopefully in the future as in the past where an item is made not the cost will be the sales point .indirectly it affects us all in every western country as we surrender our manufacturing base and jobs for the cheap copies and inferior products.My families rule is buy in this order local,regional,state,country second hand or from any other country except China.i know we can't do it every single time but this our rule as I try to give as little money to those commie shitheads who take our money but hate our guts and all we stand for.

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

so now we will be able to order more U.S.A made stuff online with our chinese made or Taiwan made or Mexico made computer.

19. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

sometimes there is no alternative,i understand that .all I'm trying to say is think about where your stuff comes from for a minute and IF POSSIBLE support your own country Im sorry if i have offended anyone.Oh and good on ya Ryan

20. I think we all understand the value of keeping business here when we can. There are too many off-shore cheap poor quality examples we are all too familiar with. I do the same with my small bear claw latches business, keep it made in USA. The funny thing is I sell a lot to international customers that appreciate high quality parts; so in a small way I am reversing the not made in USA.

21. Thanks, I gladly pay more for U.S.A.-made products whenever possible.

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

23. ^^^^^^^ x2