Register now to get rid of these ads!

A big thanks to Alex Gambino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnboy13, Nov 7, 2012.

1. johnboy13

johnboy13

A while back, Alex Gambino, Gambino_Kustoms here on the HAMB created this thread...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722252

...where he raffled off one of his C-Notch kits. I won the kit. I got home last night and it was waiting for me. I gotta tell you, if you're in the market for a kit, get this one. You will not be dissappointed. This thing is top notch. I'll post some pictures of the thing tonight.

Alex, thanks for doing what you did. Thanks for making such a nice kit. Thanks for all the help you dish out here. You're the man.

2. Congrats again Johnboy- and kudos to Alex for consistently helping out HAMBers!!!

3. Congrats Johnboy and cudos to Alex he is one of the guys that makes this hobby great!!

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs now get that thing installed!!!!!

5. wallyringo

wallyringo

Congrats Johnboy winning cool stuff is awesome. Quick question. if you c notch the rear end does it make changing the rear tire a bitch like when you have large lowering blocks bring the rear end up high? sorry for the stupid question, i hate these lowering blocks.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Rear tire changes aren't too bad on a 'blocked' car...

My partner bought a full kustom '51 Merc convertible from a Rod & Wheelers member in '62. The carson-topped, quad headlighted, Buick nail-powered sled had full flared skirts, a Z'd frame, and 2" blocks.
    (the car was aptly named "the Green Latrine"...)

Flat tire just off the Dumbarton Bridge became an instant hassle...

Bumper jack lifted the rear until the tire was off the ground...removed the skirt by means of the lever-latch, but the wheel was NOT about to come out.
    Disconnected the rear shock, flipped the shackle for just enough room to remove the wheel...Tire had to be levered up and down to get between the fender and the drum.

The '54 Buick Skylark wire wheels were beautiful, but the rears must have been installed before the car was 'blocked'!
    When I went to put the spare on, the tire had to be deflated before it would lever between the drum-and-fender scenario! Lucky we were at a gas station, and they had air!
    (and a long air hose: we were alongside the outside of the lube room...)

When we got the shock and shackle arranged, and the skirt back on...I knew I'd have to repeat the act at home, when I replaced the whitewall tire (sidewall blew out)

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

johnboy13 - it must be Night time there now. post pics of kit and your ride and how soon you plan to install it.

8. johnboy13

johnboy13

Here's a couple pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And what it will eventually find it's way into.

[​IMG]