Register now to get rid of these ads!

A big Thank You to the Beggars C.C. of Puget Sound

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gigantor, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

This is just a shout out to a few members of the Beggar's Car Club of Puget Sound to say thank you, again, for inviting me over for one of your club meetings. It was by far the highlight of my short visit to the area and an experience I wont soon forget.

Thank you JohnnyA for the invite and also for picking me up and driving me around in your 32 - that was a great experience - and also proved that even I can fit (kinda-sorta) in a chopped deuce! :D

A huge thanks go out to Mark, not only for peeling back my skull and stuffing it full of invaluable information about early Fords, flatheads, mechanical brakes and all kinds of groovy things. But especially for making a simple suggestion to buy me an extra 7 inches of leg room in my roadster. Not only did that open up a whole new world of possibilities for me, you gave me the means to do it. That means a LOT! :eek::):D

And to Keith and Nola, thank you for being such nice people. You all reminded me of what I'm missing living out in the sticks and made a good case to move back closer to where the action is someday.

I suppose I've got to start a build thread soon to share how my car is coming along, huh?

Thanks again. :cool:

Awesome people. Sweet car. Good burgers, fries and shake. Great experience.
    [​IMG]
    By earthshaker5769 at 2012-09-11

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. uncle buck

uncle buck

I know several of them and they are a great group out here in the northwest. Its nice to see they showed you a great time!

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

livin in the sticks does have its drawbacks dont it! we live out in the sticks so to speak. loved it for a long time. now im older and i want to be able to go to town on friday and sat. nites to cruze around but i get tired easy now and its a far drive home so what do i do. i just sit here in the shop or drive around on top of the moutian we live on. not very exciting but quite.ive been lookin for somewhere and someone to hang with thats into older cars and bikes but all we have here is john deere and farmall lol

4. Sam it was sure nice meeting you and hanging out for the night. Glad you were able to get some parts for your roadster from Mark. He's always willing to help people move their project along. Let us know the next time you are out here as we would welcome you anytime to another meeting or hot rod event if something is going on. Oh. . . by the way her name is Nola. You can edit your post. Keith

5. Gigantor

Gigantor

HA! I knew I screwed that up. Crap for memory!
    Thanks, Keith!:)