Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A Bad "Moonshine" Risen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrPhat40, Oct 18, 2018.

1. MrPhat40

MrPhat40

H.A.M.B-er's
    Lots of news and talk about the government starting back up a new push for E-15.
    As bad as E-10 is this more potent blend is much worse. Assuming it happens (and it looks more and more that it will) any thoughts as to tips, tricks or suggestions to keep this "bad shine" from destroying our fuel system: tanks, hoses, carburetors as well as over all drive-ability of our hot rods?
    As always love the insight this group has to offer.
    MrPhat40

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

You don't know what you are getting now. I had flex fuel vehicles quit on the road at the last dealership I worked at. You could pump some fuel out in a clean clear bottle and after a few minutes you could see that it wasn't 10%. When a Ford flex fuel SUV won't run on it, you know you're in trouble.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've had success with 10% using Stabil 360* and would hope a slightly higher dose of it will do the job.
    Have to look at the manual on myOT 2013 DD Fusion, but I believe it is quite specific that ethanol max is 10. Hopefully the new car manufacturers can exert enough pressure to keep 10% available.
    Ryan doesn't like politics on HAMB, but this is an example of why I feel you need to contact your congressman and senators when such an important issue comes up.