Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A bad ass flathead starts coming together.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tequila Bob, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

Here is my motor as we laid the supercharger on it for the first time. We have a long way to go setting up a six rib belt drive on it. However, it will eventually fill the engine compartment of my 51 Merc coupe.

The photo of it in the engine compartment is rather basic Photoshop CS4. Thank you Adobe.

Attached Files:

2. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

that is crazy!
    TP

3. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Ferocious! Now that is going to be a very interesting build.

4. looks like that induction system was MADE for that car, goona be bad

5. 8-Track

8-Track

Looks like its going to be alot of fun!!

6. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Looks Killer any details?

7. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

No real details, yet. The supercharger is a Jerry Magnusson Magna Charger. The adaptation to flat is by Tom Roberts Designs. The final engine is still a long way off.

The Merc has a stock OD transmission. I have 5 speed from my Corvette that I may put in it. I also am looking a Jag rear end, if I can get one reasonably. The coupe is chopped 5" and has a T-bird wrap around rear seat. I'm open to ideas too.

T. Bob

8. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Im in the process of starting a 50 Flathead with a blower.I trying to do alot of studying and research to figure out best way to go and best parts,especially if im going to make my own intake or buy one.

9. rerod8

rerod8
    from Kentucky

That is Bad to the Bone. I have a supercharger off a Pontiac v-6 that I am looking at installing on an 8BA using a fabricated manifold, but I am concerned about oiling the blower. Has anyone done that or does anyone have any suggestions?

10. Niiiice. I'd love a blown mill in my Merc, it would be nice to have that kinda power.

11. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

Are you freakn' kidding me! I'll hear the BANG over Camp Pendleton maneuvers! LOL

Very kool us posted.

12. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Looks like a very interesting build, hope you either run low boost, or start buying the best possible parts you can get, bottom billet main caps with full girdle, H Beam rods, at least 78cc chamber heads, some good forged pistons, and total seal rings, reworked oiling system...............etc.

Attached Files:

13. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

X2 what he said ^... looks like a real interesting build keep us posted.:D

14. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

Interesting side draft carbs. Are they DeLorto's or Webber or Solex? They look 48mm or larger. Watch your fuel pres. Great build! Keep it cummi'n!