Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs A 64' T Bird turned into Somethin Smooth......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cadillac Jason, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hey Everyone !

Thought i'd share a small Chronological adventure of My Fiance's T-bird.

She Bought it about three years ago after sitting in an LA garage for 15 years. Once she moved down to San Diego we started working on it like crazy. Her goal was to have a smooth mild custom to take to all the shows she models at. She didnt want to be one of those "Pin-ups" posing with cars that doesnt know a hoot about them.
    First shot is the day she got it 3 years ago. Then down at our place in SD.
    Then we started on like crazy. I shot the car in a custom mix Satin Mint/Celery green.
    She mixed the color/ masked and sanded alot of the car so i give her big props.
    The roof is a nice pearl white. I shot it two stage to give it a deeper look.
    2 coats pearl base and 5 coats clear. I built the clear up so i had plenty of room to cut and buff. It's almost too blinding in the sun which i love.
    We dropped it with 4 in blocks in the back to give it a little bit of an ASS END effect. Did a mild rebuild on the 390. Added Edelbrock Carb, msd wires and coils. Added Guages. flaked the engine parts in a candy apple flake mix as you see in the cup. Threw on some skinny whites with black rims and chrome rings. Added skirts(which she painted)
    All in all we love the way it came out and she loves it around town.

What do you guys(and gals) think ?

The last photo is her at a show with the Bird

Jason Lee-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. More shots

Attached Files:

3. nice on both sides your a lucky man nice flairbird too

4. A few more showing how the paint is.......

Attached Files:

5. From all vanilla to a soft mint.......yummy

6. kein

kein

Very nice must shine in the sun.

7. The pearl changes great in the sun !