Register now to get rid of these ads!

A 62 ford fallowed me home today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, May 4, 2013.

1. Did you get the title sorted out? I wouldn't do anything until it's in your name.

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Oh ya... Shoot i forgot to mention. It's all done. I had to call the tenn state rep and they called penn dot and faxed a boat load of paper work up here to verify it was my truck and that it was a legal transfer. All better now! Sorry guys i completely forgot all about mentioning that !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Ok. Change in direction. I scrapped the 5.0 after finding major issues with the engine internals. I picked up a good 65 352 fe motor, paired up with an early 70's 2wd four speed , basicly running ready to go munis the carb. $100! Great deal . Now all I gotta find is some motor mounts and clutch pedal and linkage. And we will be golden. It will be nice and old school with the fe block in there. I have an original 65' 352 oil Bath air cleaner I have been hanging on to for about ten years now... It now has a home

4. Nice! Looks like a good project, keep the updates coming.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you can find a 65 or 66 f350 I think it will have the mounts to bolt a FE in a 61 to 64 chassis,those trucks still have the straight axle like the 61-4 1/2 and 3/4 tons.

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thanks for the info! I found a 66 dump truck in a local junk yard this morning. I'm gonna hit the place up Friday when they are open. It also has that nice large 4 core rad and all the clutch pedal stuff.

7. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

I have a 64 F100 that looks just like yours, but after pulling mine out of a fence row and under a tree after sitting for 15 years, it has rust all over. Mine had a blown up 292 and a busted steering box. I shortened an 87 F150 frame, so I now have power st. and power disc brakes, but I will never change frames again.

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Starting in 64 some of the larger trucks F500 and up have a FT motor which to the untrained eye looks just like a FT but is a little different,the front mount and bellhousing should bolt to a FE but the bellhousing is deeper and requires a longer input shaft that would work better if going to a T-5.

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I also picked up a very nice 1973 250 ford six cylinder with a c4 auto. Came out of a nicely redone mustang . They did a v8 swap. Considering putting it in, it's a fantastic running engine Only has 50k miles on it. That would make it a nice truck to drive... For now

10. Ace5n85

Ace5n85

My buddy got a 55 Chevy titled by going to his state rep and filing out some papers. Then a trip to a PA court house and he got a title no hassles at all... I can get more details of you want. I guess he was told of its untitled for 7 years they'll give ya one.

11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thanks but I got it all taken care of and got the title back from the state already. It was just a problem of pa thinking a tennessee title needed to be notarized and it didnt. No biggy

12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

This truck is in the classifieds now . New project coming home