Register now to get rid of these ads!

A 38 to go with the 39 (new project)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, Jun 27, 2009.

1. jaco

jaco

Just got back from Va. to meet Bob from Pa. to pickup my new project. It's a 38 Plymouth 4 door to go with my 39 2 door. I think that I will leave it stock on the outside. I can't believe how straight and complete this car is. It already has a 318-904 drivetrain installed.
    A face only a mother could love but then again alot of people say i'm a mother.
    [​IMG]

2. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I like it.

3. vertible59

vertible59

Nice Mopower. Beauty is in the eye ...and all that, but the '38 Plymouth has that classic late '30s look. You will be surprised at all the attention it will get when you go crusin'. My pal in North Carolina built a 4-dr like yours, and had a lot of fun with it for several years. His was painted silver with lacquer, and had maroon diamonds on the inside.

4. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

Very cool.
    I'm no MoPar expert by any means but my first thought from looking at the front of the car would have been that it looked more like an early-to-mid 30's car that a late 30's car. Definitely don't see many of those around. I'm sure that '38 won't be one people just quickly walk by (like some of the more popular brands they see everyday) when you take it to a cruise in.
    Sounds like it'll make a nice driver with the 318.
    Enjoy!

Jay

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

damn i like it id make it driveable and drive it ,

6. jaco

jaco

I worked on the 38 some today. I got a set of orgianal wheels with it and I think that is what I will run with some new tires. I'm thinking of leaving the outside alone and driving it while I redo the interior some what orginal.
    What do you think stock wheels or the cop car wheels with trim rings and dog dish hub caps?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Like the stockers with rings and caps.

8. Stockers...nice car...

9. It doesn't even look like a fiberglas car...............Kidding I like it

10. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

Caps, rings or bare, it just looks like a nice car.

11. gafridge

gafridge

Looks like a great cruiser with a little work.Like the stocker wheels.Just leave the outside alone and drive it.Have fun. Stony

12. RodStRace

RodStRace

I'd go with the stockers. Looks nice and the punks won't try to goad you into showing off. With the cop car wheels, it looks like it has more oats. Unless you are cash challenged, keep 'em both and swap out to change it up.
    Any pics of the motor? Interested in how it fits at the firewall and what fan is used.
    Also, any chassis changes? Brakes, etc.?

13. bohmer2

bohmer2
    from Thayer, MO

Stockers are nice, if you decide you dont like them let me know I will put them on my 39 four door. any close up photos of the caps?

How was the swap done, F-body k-member? Do you have good photos of the chassis?

Edit: whats the story on the front bumper looks like some kind of guard has been added?