Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A-108 front wheel cylinders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitty Toomuch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

These cyl. have "if original?" a flair toward the cyl.
    How did the hoses seat? copper washer?
    The old hoses that were screwed into these had no washers and the ends have a flair the opposite direction and would seem to need an adaptor/insert that would resemble <>.
    Is this what they referr to as a crush sleeve?
    All the parts stores cant get these hoses, I need longer than original and am tring to adapt
    rear flexes to front, although they have a different taper/seat than what came with it, same thread though, 7/16-20
    Anybody familier with these wheel cylinder ports and hoses? 69 dodge a-108.
    signed, stuck

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

It sounds like they were made to take a standard steel brake line with flared end?

3. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Can`t this is front axle. I`m gonna try the copper washers I got at Napa today, The old boy there says that`s all he`s ever seen. Strange they would go through a unnecessary machining process and just use the washers to seal the hoses?
    And why the heck when I start a thread, post, and hit new posts I never see my thread? the box is checked to watch my own thread....

4. I would think you can get better answers to your problem on a Mopar forum,not here on the HAMB where we only cater to 1965 and earlier...Read our rules

5. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Yeah, I got yer rules. This axle is going under the 52 in my avatar, I think that qualifies as 65 and earlier:rolleyes:

shivasdad likes this.