Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A ´53 Riviera goes mild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Schrauberlehrling, Aug 2, 2013.

1. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very nice job.. You can be proud of your work...

2. guitard

guitard

You are a credit for all of humanity for what you have done with that car. That is a happy car in worthy hands. LOVE the color too.

3. billys54

billys54

Very nice job

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

beautiful---way to go.

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Really a nice job... All your modifications are in extremely good taste!

6. Hey Baumi,

i´ll be back next week and need some real bavarian beers to reactivate my stomach! Give you a call!

Tuesday i´ll get my Buick back so i can reinstall the windshield and check the new eletrical wiper motor. Hopefully it will fit as i thought.

Thank you guys!

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Holy crap! Nice job, beautiful car!

8. Orn

Orn

Real nice work. keep it up! :cool:

9. A small update

I removed the original roof antenna and a friend made a new trim connector for the upper windshield trim. Big thanks to Günter from Austria!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was to change the wiper motor to electric incl. the wiper linkage

[​IMG]

It looks like nothing, but to find the correct geometry like the original took me a long time.

This weekend i cleaned the car and put sound deadender in it. The floor is running on heavy bitumen mats and the roof and doors on aluminum asphalt mats (they are more light)

My grandchildren checked my car :) Funny guy. As he heared Mad Sin in the speakers he start dancing like hell! Hehehe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After all i needed to remove the timing cover and the water pump again. The corrosion on the flanges was to heavy and it was leakin all the time. So i regrinded all of them and hopefully it´s working now. I filled up some holes with a metal glue - we will see if it works

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

very nice 53 Buick great color

11. mustangsix

mustangsix

12. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice car, that color works great on that car with the white roof, can't what to see it all decked out with new chrome and glass.

13. sololobo

sololobo

Congats on a beautiful build. One of the most gorgeous factory cars ever, you did some tasty mods that work well. Enjoy this sweet ride, nice family bro. ~sololobo~

14. Here´s a little update of my Buick

Finally i got the bumpers back from modifications and rechroming (3 years waiting,....) grill, interior (2 years waiting cause the guy designed something ugly first before he took care on my design). I don´t know why it is so hard to do what a customer want to have.
    If i wanna sit on a pink diamond seat he need to sew it or kick my ass out of his shop if he can´t identify hisself on that job but doesn´t do something different that i might want to have.....
    Anyway i want to clean the rear bumper. We were talking about cleaning both bumpers but we forgot to get a constant clean flow on the rear bumper. That will be a job for the winter...After a lot of problems i could pass the my registration! It´s makes a lot of fun to cruise it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Squablow

Squablow

Beautiful car, you've done great work.

16. LONG

LONG

very nice all around,.

17. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

Sweet ride!!!

18. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Very very nice.

19. This needs a bump up so others can appreciate another fine Buick . I am partial I guess ! Great work Schrauberlehrling !

20. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello neighbor! Not too shabby for your first project! I can´t wait to see what your 60´Ford wagon is going to look like when you´re done. Do you already have a build thread on that?

21. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Looks great----can't improve on what's already been said.

22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Outstanding job.Keep the updates coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

23. Mr_King

Mr_King

Nice job. Want to get rid f my torque tube on my 47 Buick and thought about the same thing you did. But I move my car back I

24. Mr_King

Mr_King

Hi, nice Job with the Buick. How did you get it through the German TUV with rear end/open drive shaft modification, any problem? I like to do the same to my 47 Buick and get rid of the torque tube.