Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ___f_r_i_d_a_y____a_r_t____s_h_o_w______1__13__12_ __ ____

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realkustom51, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It should...I used that photo as an underlay to get the proportions right. Love the angle and perspective of that shot.

Al's is a 60 two-door. He was hoping to have it at Autorama this year...but probably next year it sounds like.

2. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Got it finished.........if anyone cares:) And Guys, Please don't send me, or any of these amazing artists, that submit their work on FAS, a PM telling us what is wrong or what we could have done better on a "Finished" piece. It's just annoying and it makes you look like an Ass.........in my eyes anyway. We all do our best and there are reasons why things are done a certain way. If you like it, praise is always good, if you don't......keep it to yourself. Thanks

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
  3. grobb284

grobb284
    from Ohio

My friend, forum member Smitty City has been working on a graphic representation for the owners of an unusual 1948 GMC Canopy Express from the 40's. It is an enclosed vehicle, where the sides open with canopies to display the contents. This is a vehicle suitable for a fruit vendor or truck farmer, who might have used this back in the day.

Smitty City designed the logo as well as the arced font with shading for this application.

Hence the display of vegetables on the door. The photo does not do justice to the 3 dimensional characteristics of the items.

This has all been hand painted on the vehicle. This is a small sample of what he can do with a brush, he is renown for his pinstriping of cars as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Great work guys, I would trade my stunningly good looks in a second for the ability to draw like you guys. :D ;) :rolleyes: LOL

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

BTW, it was I who sent that PM, thinking I'd keep it off the front page and 1 V 1 with the artist. I also told him how much I liked it his work. How does that really make me look like an ass? I think THIS post is FAR worse, ass-hat wise. Gary

6. krome

krome

7. Original57

Original57

X 2 :p

McPhail, Great work. The B&W's remind me of them old Robert Williams posters I had on my bedroom walls as a kid. Very cool!

8. Rusty Cheese

Rusty Cheese

voodoo.jpg

This sinister looking piece is made of lamb, cow, goat & stingray on fauz ostrich with real bones. An evel spell will be cast on all who view it!

9. Rusty Cheese

Rusty Cheese

Close up of Voodoo Child. My buddy did the stitching I just took the photos for his website.

Attached Files:

10. If I may say so, with all due respect to Tommy (cool knobs by the way);
    an artist who isn't willing to accept a critique is an artist unwilling to admit they can grow.
    I don't think this is what you meant, FYI.

Having said that, Tommy, has, rightfully, made it clear how he feels about using this forum as a place for critiques.
    He don't wanna.

Having said that, PMs are the best way to go with regards to the matter, unless a specific artist has openly requested said critique within the open forum.

Having, further, said that , if a guy does PM another member with a suggestion or a 'critique' maybe the tactful thing to do would be to first ask the artist if they'd be open to suggestions or critiques.

Sounds like no ill intent was, er, intended, so all should hug and go back to making this the best forum of it's kind and a great home for artists with common interests (Hot Rods!, Yea baby, YEA!!!)and the willingness to share their work.

Peace out...!

11. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Gary, It wasnt your PM that prompted this post, but thanks for the sentiments:)

12. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Another "Great One" from the Master!!!

13. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

WOW!!!!

Are you going to offer prints of this?

14. Good friday to all. Heres my 2 cents for this week. practice, practice, practice.......... and more practice. What i realy need is patience.....

Attached Files:

15. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

I appreciate that Harold, thank you ..........

16. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Lucky Kid!

17. Peace Out to you as well, Jigger...
    I track with all of what you are saying.
    Who knows what all the others think, but the cool part is that I am not worrying about what others think any more unless - like you said - I am asking for their critique.
    It so happens that there are many on this FAS who's advice would be a real benefit to me - yours included. Having said that I will ask for said advice - probably on PM, with anticipation of great guidance.

There are a lot of really cool things about the FAS.
    Not the least of which is how well we all support each other.

D.O.B.

18. By the way, Harold63...
    I am going to do prints of this one.
    I just lined up a guy that will and can help get that done.
    I will do 25 initially.

19. Wow are these ever cool!
    Thanks for your comments on my drawing...
    D.O.B.

20. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I'm sorry, maybe I was misunderstood or didnt explain myself thoroughly. We are always open for suggestions and ideas. There are many times my mind hits the wall thinking of a new knob, afterall, it's a very restrictive media we are working with when it comes to size and function. We love an honest critique also, but have some "chops" if you are going to do it. Don't say, "you should'nt have carved it like that, you should do it this way", if you never held a piece of wood in your hand.:) My comment wasn't aimed at the other artists on this forum, I regard all of you very highly and would feeled honor to have your guidence also. Sorry to have caused any disruption.

21. Varin-Maeus

Varin-Maeus
    from Scio, OR

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! fantastic stuff, as usual.

[​IMG]

One of the last pieces of 2011, representing that miracle barn find everyone hears about but almost never experiences. The legendary racetrack warrior, celebrated in story and song. The local hero that mysteriously vanished so many years ago. Today, it was found in an open shed only two blocks away, covered in a chicken crap-encrusted tarp and old bedsprings. Everything is there and still in solid condition (even the original tires!!), and the engine fires with just a little persuasion and almost no swearing. It's a bit smoky, sure, but it makes for a good spectacle at full throttle. Now, a dilemma. Do we perform a simple mechanical rejuvenation? Or, do we go for a full restoration, with new paint and polish and virgin tuck 'n' roll cowhide? I believe the choice is obvious.

Painted in watercolor, 14x21 inches.

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well can I get some more input on my robot........:)

23. Hey - Its all good Tommy...
    Atleast from here in S.E. Michigan...
    Now for some Honor to the man I got most of my critique from - not always solicited...
    My Dad fought in WWII and was part of the 1st 10 man crew to do 50 missions in a B-24 over Europe in the 15th Air Force that came home with the same 10 they started with and NO purple hearts.
    Dad painted the Nose art on their plane - did not want a hot girl on there, as they thought the nazis were picking those planes first.
    So... They agreed on the "Character"
    This is a guy in a Zuit Suit with a chain.
    He also painted it on all their A-2 Bomber jackets
    His got away from him after the war, so when the re-pops came out (same company, same pattern) he painted the "Character" once again on his coat.
    You won't find the Character in a nose art book - It was just a few missions after it was painted that the plane was loaned to their buddy crew - it's bomb sight was not working and Dad's crew was given a new B-24J with a good bomb sight... he watched on that mission as the "Character" was shot down right before his eyes... By Ghering's ME-109s. He used to say they counted 6 of 10 chutes... I found his log book. his entry said four chutes is all they saw.
    God Rest Their souls.
    I would go to war over this coat - 'cause Dad went to war for all of our Freedom.. (sorry for the poor quality photos)
    God Rest his soul - he is gone a bit over 9 years now.
    Enjoy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Signature:
    [​IMG]

24. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

25. Smokey2

Smokey2

Dustyoldbidyman.................Just WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good stuff all !!!

27. roughneck

roughneck
    from wisconsin

After a virus attack, i lost alot of my favorite art from the FAS. I'm looking for an artist who did a rosie the riviter and a spookie looking guy with a torch, kind of in " Lowcab " style. Searched the archives till I couldn't stand it anymore.

28. me stuff/

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      338.4 KB
      Views:
  29. realkustom51

realkustom51

Wild show everyone! One more customcory shop floor scrap.

[​IMG]

30. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.