Register now to get rid of these ads!

9th Annual GASSER Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GASSERGUY, May 28, 2010.

1. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

JULY 2-4, 2010

I'm looking forward to the 9th GASSER Reunion. Who knew when we begain in 2002 that it would grow to the point that we had to move it to a facility with enough parking to handle all the racers, rodders and spectators? Saturday night will be the WHEELSTAND NATIONALS, followed by FIREWORKS. Buy a weekend pass and your rod entry to the car show is FREE. Military personnel with proper ID get in for FREE.

Moving to Norwalk (Summit Motorsports Park) was the hardest decision I've had to make in all the years we've been doing the Reunion. I love the staff (they're coming on on Fri & Sun). However, as the track manager told me, "Ernest, you've outgrown our track. It's time to move."

I'll miss Thompson but look forward to experiencing Summit Motorsports Park. In short order, the Baders and I have become like family. I hope to see you there. As I told Jim Curtis, track manager at Thompson, "There's room enough for two nostalgia drag races in the Cleveland area." He told me, "But only one GASSER Reunion and you're the real deal."

Ernest

Attached Files:

2. Just looked at the weather report for the week.....NO RAIN!!!! I am really looking forward to this event. I had a blast at Thompson in June, and this is going to be great too....another Gasser event in Northern Ohio! Who wants to race?

:D

3. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

I just got home from my first Gasser Reunion. Norwalk is a great facility but was disappointed by the turn out.
    Not many spectaters and not enough cars.

We left early on saturday afternoon because we were disappointed.

I heard there was a boycott by some of the Gassers because of the move from Thompson.

I don't know if this is true, but before I attend another Gasser Reunion
    I would like to know that we are going to see the best show possible, even if we have to go to Thompson to see it.

4. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

I agree turn out was low but still a good time. I think some folks prefer an older track for this kind if event. Maybe some more racers will leave feedback. They are the ones that need to be pleased to keep this event alive.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

when the nhra moved from bowling green it was not as good and they went back. you need a old track for the feel. what about bg?

6. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Had a great time at the Gasser Reunion. Ya a little low on the car count but who cares I still got to see some of the best gassers around. For those that didn't show well it was your loss because I didn't miss ya and still had a great time.

Dennis, did you have your car there? Seen deadendcruiser but never did find him, hung around his car for a while. Hung around mine but no one really showed much interest but thats ok I built it for myself anyways.

7. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

I did not have my car there, but did stop to look at yours.
    We did have a good time but was expecting more.
    The cars that did show up were great to see.
    I think my favorite was the Henry J with the weathered and rust looking paint. I think it was named "ABRASIVE ATTITUDE"

8. STILL OLD

STILL OLD
    from tennessee

Who won the wheelie contest?

Buzz

9. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

The 56 Chevy "Haulin Ass"

10. I was at Norwalk all three days. A lot of the cars from Thompson did not show. But it's their loss. Maybe some can only travel so much. Maybe some sour grapes. And some at "the Grove". But all in all a great show. Shizzelbamsnapper, nice wagon. I shot pictures of it Saturday morning. No body was with it. But will look up your thread. Hey Space Kadett Mark. Check your pulley alignment. You threw alot of belts. Great wheelstand inthe contest. Plus you were doing nice ones in class runs today. As for me, I'll return to Norwalk and Thompson! I love all the events. I've got 452 phictures to download and put on disc. That'll keep the gasser juices flowing for a while.

11. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

all i can say is i had a blast!!!!dons{rebel reaper}broke the trans on his 13th pass friday,but with us being the true racers gene canto drove don home{1 1/2 hours each way}to get his spare.by the time they were back i had the old one out.we got it back together at midnight and he was able to race the rest of the weekend.as for my car the bearings went out on the water pump and the belt would only stay on till i was done with my burnout.i backed up acouple of times to go back to the pits to fix it but after awhile i said screw it and started making passes without the belt{no waterpump or alt}.by the time i got to the end of the run it was over 230.i kept one spare belt with me and put it on at the timming booth and drove back.oh yeah.the track was unbeliavable!!!!!!!!!i was scared friday because there was so much traction it was stupid!!!!i went from setting my wheelie bars from 7''high to 2 1/2'' and it didnt matter they just bent more {and so did my front axle},but i got first place in f/g wich made it all worth it!

12. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Space Cadet, I talked to ya and you said it was getting expensive cause ya had to keep puttin gas in it.
    Like I told ya, at least you were havin lots of fun. I just watched.
    I still had a good time, just wish there were more cars.

If they turned cars away last year (or was that a myth) at Thompson there should of been more.
    Where were the East cost Gassers, Can-Am Gassers.
    I beleive Gezzer Gassers Had A falling out years ago and won't go to that meet

13. Those "associations" won't go to events unless they are paid, or, can run their own class. In my opinion they do nothing but hurt the over all gasser field.

14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

bunch of whiney primadonnas IMO.