Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 9th ANNUAL DAY OF THE DRAGS SOON!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Sep 3, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Yes it is upon us. Now that the HAMB Drags are done and what a great time it was, we are less than a month out. So who's ready to race??!!!. The Kontinentals are ready to welcome everyone back to the Austin/Temple area. We have changed it up a bit from previous years and going back to test and tune on Friday night and racing all day Saturday. The date is Fri & Sat Oct 1 & 2 at Little River Dragway(Temple Academy) just 9 miles south of Temple, Texas on Hwy 95. Go to www.dayofthedrags.com for all the currrent info. Friday evening after like 5pm the track will open to the general public for test and tune all evening til about 11pm and then Saturday starting at 9am we get the track to ourselves(pre-64 cars, early gasser,dragsters,altereds, and the like will have a whole day of heads up racing. See the website for class specification.
    This year in honor/memory of our good friend Collin Casey we will be engraving the name of the person w/ the fastest flatty on Saturday on the Collin Casey Award. Our friends at Acme Speed Shop (John Mearns) has so graciously volunteered to make a stunning trophy that will held in perpetuity at the Continental Club w/ the winner's name engraved each and every year on the trophy for them to gloat about for an entire year. Casey exemplified the true spirit of drag racing(forget the bracket racing portion) and was always a treat to be around out at the track. We surely miss him and this will be great honor bestowed each year in his honor........remember Fastest Flathead gets his name on the trophy. Thanks again Acme Speed Shop. I will post a pic of the trophy as soon as we have the final draft of it.
    We have some incredible cars coming in for the weekend so please make plans and mark it on your calendar. Little River is an incredible historic track and a great place to spend the weekend. More details coming soon as they come in.
    Since we are racing and finishing up on Saturday this year, there will all kind of great stuff planned at the Continental Club and on S. Congress Saturday night. I know The Jungle Rockers and Jade Idol will be playing that night at the club. See you in a month !!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Bout time, what the hell you been doin for the last 11 months?

3. belair

belair

You guys do a whale of a job. I am pre-thanking you all for the great time I am going to have!!

4. Rusty

Rusty

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

We're gettin' ready...!

6. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Thrashing on the Tsedan to be ready !
    Andy

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. Gonna be a good one. Will be missing the trash-talk from Collin, but glad to be honoring his memory with the "Casey Continental Cup"- he enjoyed that show more than anyone. Flatheads rule!

See everyone out there...

8. Von Franco

Von Franco

WOO HOO now I can make the two best DRAG SHOWS around, DAY OF THE DRAGS and
    THE HOT ROD REUNION in BAKO, Thanks for the date change STEVE. IF you miss this one then your just hiding under A FUCKING stump..................

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

At last ,my favorite nostalgia drag event of the year period .You couldnt ask for a better setting on the planet and the layed back atmosphere is what its all about.Cant wait :)...

10. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

All ready to see what we can't tear up or blow up this year!!!!!

Maybe I'll finally get my re-match with Bill.

11. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

No more spectating for me...let's haul some ass!