Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 97 Fuel Pressure question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Oct 18, 2015.

1. I usually run 2.5 PSI on my early 97 carbs but we just installed Speedways 9super7 carbs on a friends car. Do we need to go 2.5 or can they run more, say around 5/6 psi? Thanks.

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

WARNING: The carb will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1 ½ psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2 ½ psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Check fuel pressure at the fuel log or carb inlet when the engine is running (it may be necessary to fabricate a “T” fitting and temporary fuel line). Most aftermarket electric and high performance mechanical fuel pumps produce 6 to 9 psi fuel pressure and are not suitable for use with the 9 Super 7 carb without using a pressure reducing regulator (such as our p/n 560- 58500). Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor, and may not be covered under

This is per speedways site.

3. Thank you for that info............That's pretty much the way I see it.