Register now to get rid of these ads!

94 flathead carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JasonCarGuy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

I'm running dual 94 carbs on my 8ba and every so often it feels like its cutting out or like a quick stumble/sputter. I'm looking at rebuilding both of them now because now they have some fuel leakage as well. I'm using progressive linkage set up that kicks the front carb in at about 3/4 throttle per the help of another hamber, it really gets after it except for this stumble/sputter issue every so often when driving along.
    1. Who sells the best rebuild kits?
    2. Should I use smaller power valves, someone mentioned 4.5.
    3. Also what are you guys running for Jets? I currently have adjustable jets installed but they also seem to weap gas, what are you guys running for jet size on dual carb set-ups on a pretty much stock 8ba, with Mallory dual point?

Thanks for the help and suggestions on where to get my kits.
    Jason

2. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

Get kits from whoever sells them cheap, as long as they have the blue accelerator pump they will work OK with modern gas. ORiley auto parts has Walker kits for $22 here. Engines with stock cams usually run Ok with the stock 8.5 power valves, you might need to run 4.5's but you can try to run it with the stockers. Since your running progressive linkage you will probably be OK. For jets I run 53's or 55's but I'm about 300ft above sea level. Good luck