Register now to get rid of these ads!

911 gotta salvage what i can headed to the grinder this week!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodbuilder32, Feb 21, 2012.

1. hotrodbuilder32

hotrodbuilder32

Two late to early 1930s 1940s 1/2 ton pickups!!! I want to know if the front axels are worth keeping for a coupe project and if the trannys are worth saving as well. The flathead I have money down on I just gotta torch them out and need to know what else is with saving for a hot rod project?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. ems customer service

ems customer service

everything is worth saving pick ups are very popular

3. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I was hoping this post was about a Porsche.

4. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

what brand trucks

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I was glad it wasn't.

6. If they are Fords, Ford pickups up through '41 were built on a passenger car chassis, so the front ends are same as car except possibly an extra leaf or two in the spring. '41 pickup is essentially the same as '40 except for a few minor details and carried over the '40 chassis except the 6 cylinder trucks had a deeper front crossmember. '42 was the first year that the pickups had their own unique chassis with the parallel leaf springs front and rear; '41 and earlier has transverse springs. Same with the rear end--pickups just had a lower gear ratio and a few more leaves in the spring. Got any pictures? If you can get pics up, I can identify what year models they are and tell you what interchanges over what years on body parts.