Register now to get rid of these ads!

$9.00 a gasoline in the U.K?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uncleo, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch NJ Americas first seashore resort and 7 time US summer capital....got a story this morning about $9.00 a gallon gas in England....how are you making it with your rods and customs and race cars?
    Lee WRAT-FM at the Jersey Shore

2. It's about 8.29 for a UK gallon so the answer is very carefully!!

3. farmer12

farmer12

Here in the Netherlands its "only" 8 usd per gallon!

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

coasting on the down hills.........

which means your fucked if you live somewhere flat :rolleyes:

5. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

In Holland we pay $ 9.37 per gallon at the moment. The expectation is that prices will reach upwards of $ 10.30 this year...

So don't laugh at our tiny daily-drivers, we'll laugh at you at the gas-station :D...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  6. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Erhm.... € 1.55 per liter
    So € 7.05 Per Gallon
    € to $ = 9.37...

7. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Just for ''fun''; Calculate what a full tank of gas costs you... I cry every week...

8. Yup it's tough, but we make do and save on other things! We pay about the same here in Sweden. Hmmm Diesel could be an option! Really - It's all about riding in style, not what's under the hood. But if gas prices wasn't an issiue I probably wouldn't have a 350 under the hood! - If the gas prices go up much more I guess I'll drop in a Dieses 6 of some kind!

Klaus

9. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

And to put it in perspective..
    Average median inome?
    Withholding taxes?
    Sales tax?
    Property tax?
    medical?
    Utilities?
    Insurance?
    registrations?
    inspections?
    In a nutt shell Just how much coin do these people have left from a paycheck after uncle bunkle gets his hands on it? because if they have twice as much as me, then twice the price on gas is a moot point.
    OH and how much is a Beer?

10. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

In a nutshell; Yes, paychecks are a little fatter on this side of the pond, but that's mostly because of the €/$ interchange.
    And yes; we pay a lot on taxes & crap. a LOT.

A small beer will run you +/- $ 2,- in a bar the Netherlands.
    Don't go north in Europe for a beer though....

11. farmer12

farmer12

Gas is 1,55 euro's per liter X 1.34 (actual euro/dollar) X 3.785 (amount of liters in a gallon)
    So the sum is 1,55 x 1.34 x 3,785 = 7,86 usd per gallon. (damn close to 8)

12. farmer12

farmer12

Or is 4,55 liters per gallon used??

13. farmer12

farmer12

Imperial gallon is 4.55 litres. US gallon is 3.785 litres. Anyone know which one is used for gas in the US???

14. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

US gallon

15. the average pint of beer in our area is £3.25 which is nearly $5....everything and i mean everything has gone up in price apart from wages...

16. everything here also has a 17.5% tax on it..like just about everything excluding kids clothes and food.. a pair of Levis is £80...Vans Classics £40...Dickies Jackets £70..As an average of the people I know you get paid around a 3rd more than we do. As far as US car parts go, what you pay in $ we pay in £.....Beer is £3.00, a bottle of Jack £20 and petrol has gone up another 5p (8c) a litre..so 20c a US gallon in the last week. My rod is tax free due to being pre 1973..but my daily costs £211 a year + £50 a year for the MOT test and £400 a year for insurance...and I ain't left home yet!!to answer your orginal question...ah fuck it...gona go out in my rod this week end ...a tank of petrol is only £60..food or petrol....petrol wins!

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Same here folks!
    We got lucky as fuel is "only" 1.40something euros a liter, so 7.35USD a gallon,
    but they say price is rising up to "god knows how much" till later this year.
    I have a pinto in my lowrider project, which is also my daily, and had to remove
    the 4 carbs intake last month cause i couldnt cope w/ gas costs anymore!
    This should tell you alot on how hard it is for us over here!

18. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

this is one of the reasons why a motorcycle is my daily transport.
    i know fuel prices here aren't anything close to what you pay, but things are tight for me anyhow. so with an average of 45-48 mpg around town, and averaging about 3.5 gallons per fill, i do alright. it also helps that i have pretty damn good performance with that mileage (there aren't too many cars that'll take me off the line, unless you start hitting the 6 digit price range and even then it's close.)

19. Don't worry. The same will happen here, as the fools over here keep voting for us to become more and more like Europe.

20. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

To off-set the fuel price rises,I just reduce the wife's housekeeping.She'd only spend it on crap like shoes and food anyway:D!

21. Weasel

Weasel

Multiply those £s by 1.5 to get US $ prices:eek::eek::eek:!

That's $120 for a pair of Levis:eek: - I get them in sunny So Cal for around US $ 30.... so four pairs for the price of one pair in the U.K.

22. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Yep,we're taxed up to our arseholes.A packet of 20 cigarettes costs ,in some shops,£6.90!

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That's why I make my own clothes out of burlap sacks.

24. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

*ahem* I think you mean, as oil runs out. americans dont seem to have got their head around the concept that there isnt an infinite amount of everything.

25. $1.02 a litre in my area of Ontario Canada..47% of that is tax..with more coming in July.
    Gee ,and our Gov't wonders why were in a unproductive HOLE !!

Rick

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

27. johnboy13

johnboy13

Go stick it up your ass dude, don't go grouping everybody here together. We have our good and our bad, just like you. I was just in London last week, I saw just as many cars, and for the most part, they were all driving like it was a freaking NASCAR race.

28. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

The irony...the US has a crapload of oil, natural gas, frozen methane, etc etc....we're just not allowed to tap that crud! Why not is beyond me. The problem isn't burning the fuel, it's the filtration of the exhaust....which puzzles me. Why not develop better filtration systems? Wouldn't the resistance provided by the filter act somewhat like some mufflers that increase HP in the same way? Maybe I'm wrong....

http://www.heatingoil.com/home/oil-reserves-worlds-largest-depending-view116/

29. Last time I was in Norway (1992), I spent the equivalent of $12.00 for a damn beer at a bar! Probably twenty bucks now. Everything is taxed to the extreme there, but hey, they have "free" health care!

30. big creep

big creep

shit we pay about 3.12$ right now in burbank. but go more to the westside where they have real money, ive seen it up to about 3.69$ thats us dollers per gallon! i remember right before the iraq invasion it was 99 cents at the arco in glendale ca. i was a lot happier then to full my 30 gallon fuel tank in my work truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.