Register now to get rid of these ads!

8th anual King of Clubs car show and drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Will let everyone know.

2. Westco48

Westco48

Attended last year...great time!!..see you there again.

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

if there is anything I hate is overpriced shitty show food, if you are not barbequeing yourself, this year we have a great line up of food vendors, besides the burgers and hot dogs and burritos and breakfast the track sells , we will be having bar-b-que beef, greek food, 2 dlls street tacos, bratwurst and sausage, pretzels, nachos, fried cheese balls, kettle korn, frostys, and I am still trying to get a good pizza guy and everything will be resonable priced.

4. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Miguel you know how to do it! I remember before you worked with Antique Automotive you managed Bobs Big Boy for years. That was a really good place to eat. That Big Boy Statue would be great in a car museum.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Jim from "Big Jays Bar-b-que is coming out friday to lite up his pit bar-b-que, it takes twelve hours to cook his pork for the pulled pork sandwiches, so friday night will be torture, we will be smelling the pork cook nice and slow all night long, he is bringing his santa fe grill so he can cook his bar-b-que chicken and hand made italian sausage so he can feed us on friday.

6. wallyringo

wallyringo

sounds like a great show, what time does the drag racing start saturday?

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Gates open at 8 a.m. saterday, we are usually racing by 10 a.m.

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

9. Mike

Mike

I plan to be there. My '57 Chevy gasser needs a new clutch and I won't have time to replace it. I reckon I'll show up with my '55 T-Bird, it's not really a drag car, but I'll run it any way.

10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

It will be great to see you Mike, by the way, they are talking 84 degrees for the show, at least it's a bit cooler than Az.

11. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Can't wait, getting my truck ready for next weekend. I'm bringing my lil mini moto.

12. danwal215

danwal215
    from san diego

What no Flathead ?!?!?!

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ok guys, lets talk drag race gossip;
    The Bean Bandits will be defending their flat head class title, looks like Hudson Joe from the shifters will be taking another stab at them , with his lincoln powered roadster, this promises to an exciting race.
    also , this year we have some 4 banger cars coming, which should prove interesting.

The Cat killers will be defending the King of Clubs street class title, this is always fun because we get aboat twenty five car clubs battling it out for the title.

El mas chingon or full race class title will be defended by Butch calkins from the Lifters, I hav'ent heard from Dale Van Zent but we are hoping he will show up, also it seems like their are quite a few guys after Butch's blood. the 27 "T" from the Munster's car club has just bolted on a huffer and chucky from the empereros, strip down his roaster p.u. and is installing some wrinkle wall slicks, chucky is a strong contender, he finished secound in the street class cause he loses of lot of traction with the vintage slicks. also their is some hope that Kewi Kevin shows up with his willy's coupe as well as another guy I am trying to get to show up.

14. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Looking gooood. What day and time are the girls?

15. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Hey Kevin let's get "Nasty Habit" down there.

16. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Will do!

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The girls from the "The Sirens of Burlesque " go on aboat 10 p.m. saterday.

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Hey guys, So.Cal . Bob is still looking for more racers to buy in for the friday night drags, I know it's a hundred bucks , but with only twenty guys racing, you get a lot of pases in.

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Will be having the vintage bike drags again this year as well as the mini bike drags.
    the requirements for the bike drags is a leather jacket, a helmet, and boots.

20. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

What are the Saturday and Sunday schedule of events?

21. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

:cool:
    What time is the Go-Go and is it on Sat. 7-28.. Also Friday night has alot happening at this show from reading all the threads.

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Okay , here is the schedual for the saterday events;
    Vendor set up 7a.m to 9 a.m. , gates open at 8 a.m., driver meeting 9:30 a.m.
    show starts at 10 a.m. D.j. axle 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. , grudge racing 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 12:00 mini bike drags and lunch, Afx finals and King of Clubs final 3p.m. to 5p.m. car show and King of clubs race trophy presentation 5 to 6p.m. bands start at 6p.m. in the folowing sequence; cactus jacks, johny voo-doo, " Miss Barona A-go-go contest" Creepy Creeps ," Sirens of Burlesque " burlesque show , Dead Bolt.
    The Pioneers usually play at the lunch break, due to some personal reasons, Brian and the Pioneers will not be able to play this year, These guys have been with the King Of Club show since we started and will be greatly miss this year, and I hope we have them back next year, My Best wishes for Brian and we want to thank him again for all his support over the years, We will do what we can to find a replacement band for the lunch break.
    The show usually ends around 1 a.m.
    Sunday; sleep in and hang over day " happy camping"

23. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

:rolleyes:Its going to be a blast! Also Friday night has a lot happening as I'll review the threads or if you post an update. Where can I park a show car or RV there.

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

If you are bringing an rv to camp and are not racing, please enter the north gate and camp on the north side of the track , camping is free but you have to pay your 15 dlls admision, no fire pits, no fireworks, no open fires, and if you are bringing a bar-b-que, please bring a propane one.
    You are welcome to bring your own booze and beer, but no glass bottles, if you do bring glass bottles, keep them in your vehicle and use a plastic cup.
    Barona is a dry reservation, so bring your own booze and beer.
    Admision is 15dlls per person for the weekend, and little kids are free,their is no charge to enter your car in the car show but you must pay your admision ticket, cars must be pre -64 and hamb friendly, if they are not , you are welcome to park on the north side of the track.
    Parking is free but you must pay your admision ticket.
    if you want to race your car or vintage bike, it cost 40 dlls and includes admision, cars must be pre 74 and bikes must be pre 79.
    the vintage mini bike drags are free to enter but you must pay your admision ticket.

25. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Whats the schedule for Friday.

26. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

friday looks gooood to.

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well looks like the friday night drags are on , if any one wants to sign up for them , you can do it at the track,
    Cooters country band at 6p.m. tonight and Roy Rapid at 10 p.m.
    Well I am off to the track, if anyone has questions or needs help, call me at 619-573 2637

28. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Its getting close.

29. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

be there!!

30. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Saturday tonight!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012