Register now to get rid of these ads!

8BA flathead front mtr mounts to model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnyeyeball, Feb 11, 2011.

1. OK I know that the way to do this application is to run the truck H20 pumps and mount the biscuits but does anyone know of a front mount to the stock two bolt rubber mount for the model A frame to passenger H20 pumps.

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

I think you would have to build it yourself, never heard of a part made to do that job.

On the front of the block either side of the timing cover are four unused 7/16 NC holes, Id try to work out a design that utilised these points, similar to an original 32-34 setup.

3. Lowsquire - I did that to mount the 8ba in my coupe

Attached Files:

• em.jpg
      em.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
    • em2.jpg
      em2.jpg
      File size:
      61.1 KB
      Views:
  4. thats what i thought its a home fob job nobody makes them that i can find

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Model A front mount is actually single center bolt...the other holes are for springs, but using them fo mounts would not widen things much from the single bolt setup on the crossmember. This setup was dependent on the stock A rear mounts which were essentially solid and full width at the bellhousing.
    If you mount a flathead by the narrow mount area on a Model A crossmember, I think you will need something wide farther back to stabilize the engine, not just the typical support at rear of transmission.