Register now to get rid of these ads!

'89 302 EFI Throttle Linkage Cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Club - Modified, Mar 10, 2008.

1. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

I installed an '89 Bronco 302 EFI engine in my 56 Fairlane and the throttle linkage cover was cracked & not used. I don't want to use the ugly OEM plastic cover (see attahced photo).
    Do I have any options / sources for something dressier other than just bending my own using thin sheet metal over the existing frame ?

Attached Files:

2. Ole don

Ole don

The only reason those covers were put on is so snow couldn't blow through the radiator and freeze the throttle open at highway speed. I was there the day that happened, the covers were a quick and cheap way to correct the problem. If you don't drive in a blizzard, leave it off.

3. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Ha! I was thinking to myself the other day, that I wonder if anyone who makes any of the parts we wonder about as to WHY they are there or why something was done the way it was in the first place lurks on message boards, and if they ever chime in to explain things...too funny. :D

4. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

In case anyone is interested or trying to use this as reference, I ended up cutting & re-welding the bracket to eliminate about 1/3 of its overal mass while still keeping the corner bends. I'm only using two of the brackets - one for pasing gear, and the other one for throttle cable. We're going to fabricate a small cover plate just to insure that the throttle cable doesn't bounce out of the bracket.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Just keep the hood closed and it'll be ok....

6. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

New new modified bracket

Attached Files: