Register now to get rid of these ads!

87 chevy wiring harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtbloye, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jtbloye

jtbloye

I need to know where i can find a wiring diagram for an 87 chevy pickup with a 305 throttle body i took the body off the 87 and put a 48 chevy body on the chassis and now it wont start so i need a wiring diagram to see which wires i may have cut and yes i have tried all the obvious stuff like ground wires and checked for power so i need an 87 chevy wiring diagram and some suggestions

thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

the wiring diagram book for the 87 trucks is pretty big.....and the diagrams are hard to read....

Did you take notes when you wired it up? or did you just hack away and hope for the best?

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

try an appropriate forum,
    like chevytalk

4. squirrel

squirrel

he's working on a 48 chevy, that's on topic enough for me....

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

jtbloye,
    Try your local public library.Talk really nice to the librarian there and ask if they can source AARC Auto Repair reference center online for you.It has wiring diagrams for all Chevrolet models that year.I just checked...

Also,try a Haines/Chiltons paperback manual,available at Ad#ance A#to,A#to Z#ne or another chain parts house.They're about $20. and worth every cent.
    The next best thing would be to have a BBQ and invite Squirrel! Ha!