Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 85th anniversary of the 1st Aussie GP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RM-Special, Jan 13, 2012.

1. RM-Special

RM-Special

The inland city of Goulburn was the venue of the 1st Australian Grand Prix 85 years ago.
    As part of the celebrations the Golden Era Auto Racing club (GEAR) has been holding a series of car events for the 85th anniversary. On friday they held a show and shine of vintage and classic race cars in a closed off street in the centre of Goulburn. Many of the vehicles are "specials" and so I figured that hopefully they are on topic enough to be HAMB friendly.
    For Aussie blokes within driving distance there are race events all this weekend (14-15 jan 2012) at wakefield park just outside of Goulburn,so might be worth checking out.
    http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/agp-anniversary-to-be-celebrated-at-wakefield-park.html
    Cheers and enjoy the pics RM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More pics to follow

2. RM-Special

RM-Special

3. RM-Special

RM-Special

4. RM-Special

RM-Special

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

5. RM-Special

RM-Special

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats all for now ,going up for racing on sunday might be some more cool stuff then.
    Cheers RM

6. mrdodge

mrdodge

Great stuff. Lots of V8 specials. Love it. :)

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Very interesting group of rascals. This one has a cool front end, eh? Gary

[​IMG]

8. edfueler

edfueler

Great pics. The pale blue amilcar, and the bare aluminium amilcar were about my favourites, I reckon. Great machines. I hope you posted footage of the indians on the jockey journal too.

9. #40 with the Austin A40 grille & hood looks cool. I like the little Amilcar,s as well. Had an Amilcar project about 20 years ago. I was offered crazy money for it so of it went to a new owner. Real nice little cars.