Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 8 day wonder the "santa maria special" chopped 57 chrysler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Jul 26, 2012.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang alex!!! It looks awesome!!! Dig that purple!!!

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

to bad it wasnt a real paint job i battled with this car in my mind for a month about doing this be for we did it thought it was a wast of money on materials the car needs to be striped to bare metal we all ready redid the top (also because down the line this will be a finished show car ) but it all worked out i had a new car for the beatniks c20th aniversary and i learned alot about this car 1 its missing alot of parts 2 i dont like the back window so i guess its a good chance to get every thing worked out way be fore we realy go threw this car

3. Cool car Alex! ........nice to talk to ya at your booth ...gonna buy one of your tail dragger kits once I catch my breath from the last build!

4. Pardon my french, but that is fucking awesome. Then again I always liked these in the first place. I just can never find one here that's not rotted so bad.. well, one I found if you stood on the rear bumper? The top of the rear window popped out an inch or so.

5. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs it was good seein ya

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Alex, what parts are you looking for? I might be able to help.

Here's a photoshop I did of a '57 DeSoto (same basic car) that might inspire you. I dig the purple!!

[​IMG]

7. I think that's the biggest spray booth I've ever seen! lol
    Looks damn good. Hope to see it in person next June.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^ I'd like to know how that paint work effected other things in the shop, or were there curtains and exhaust fans that aren't in the photos. Just wonder how you kept dirt and dust of of the finish. Bob

9. jfrolka

jfrolka

These chryslers are bad ass cars, i'd trade for a basket case in a minute.... So what happened with the car, was the project stopped?

10. That's a nice straight fade line, you must of duct taped the spray gun to a skateboard and let it fly...lol
    Seriously though really nice paint on that

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

yes it is !!!!:D