Register now to get rid of these ads!

'70Chevy truck 6 lug to 5 lug swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hagar, Oct 17, 2003.

1. hagar

hagar

After a disastrous first ride the front brakes of my '70 shortbed need to be changed to discs.Can I swap just spindles or is it necessary to change the entire crossmember?Any hints to do this fast......like this weekend?

2. flip7262

flip7262
    from Minnesota

I think you should be able to switch the spindles. If I remember right, the ball joints are the same, so it should work. I have a 67. I also have a 71 chasis with disc and might do the same thing. Of course you can buy new stuff to do it as well $$$$$$$$$. Good luck.

Flip

3. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Careful Hagar, you're on the wrong board for this. This place speaks traditional only. Go to the 67-72 Chevy truck forum board. I go by Tx Firefighter over there.

I converted my 70 model over to 5 lug disc brakes and lowered it 4.5/6 inches. I did a big thread over there giving all the details and lots of pictures. Check it out.

Thread with pics of my disc brake/ lowering swap over there.

HH

4. tomslik

tomslik

ya know, i've got a 71-72 chevy front suspension w/disc +ps sitting here looking for a new home.....

pm me iffn ya want to...