Register now to get rid of these ads!

700R4 TCC Wiring Diagram...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fishtail8, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Hey guys, getting around to wiring up the TCC in my car. I made it down to the dealer to get the schematic, which they let me photocopy, but the trans guy was gone for the day so I couldn't pick his brain as which wire to power up, and which to ground. (See attached schematic)

I'm figurin that the purple (420) would get 12v, the tan w/blk would be ground, and the light blue wouldn't get used. Any takers? Opinions? Suggestions... (No I don't want a stick...):D

[​IMG]

2. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

My guess u r right and wrong at the same time. Question to you is: that diagram next to connector, does it represent what is in the tranny, if so then I think you only need switched 12V at the purple (420) terminal. Reasoning is that the internals might have those switches to make sure that you are in 4th gear for the lockup to happen. If you bypass this (grounding like you suggest) it will probably hurt the trans and TCC. Try running a fused 12V to terminal 420 and see if the lockup works right. (believe the other terminals are for engine control computer and possibly dash indicator)

Remember that the TCC is also engine/transmission temperature controlled and the engine will need to be warmed up for it to work. Also you may want to put a diode (5amps or so in series with the fused 12V like the schematic shows. Good luck

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

I guess I'm not sure what your doing. If you are using a 700R4 without a computer why do you need to hook up what you got from the dealer? When I put the 700R4 in my truck all I needed was a lock up kit and a TV cable set up.:confused:

If you want a good source of info on the GM OD transmissions go here.
    http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml

4. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Thanks for the replies guys. When the trans was done, the builder said all I had to do was decode the wires on the connecter to get the TCC working. I'm headed to the local parts yard Saturday for a vaccuum switch to disengage the lockup, so I'll try running the purple through the vac switch and see what happens.

Binder- It's allready got the TV cable working properly, and lock-up kits arn't stocked locally. It'd be a two week wait to get one, so I'll muck with it...:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

There are a few ways to wire up an electric TCC on your 700. Basically it's a matter of getting power to the solenoid when you want it locked and cutting power when you want it unlocked. You really must know what switches you have installed on your valve body. After some fiddling around myself with a beefed up 700(a real long story) I found a different transmission guy that built me a different valve body. He talked me into a hydraulic lockup TCC. If it's not too late to change your mind, you may want to consider going with a hydraulic lockup. The simplicity is that it requires no electric wires. Your TCC will lock up at a specified vehicle speed.