Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 6x2 Stromberg carb base jetting and PVs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat bastad, May 19, 2017.

1. Hi guys - Ive done a search but still not sure about this setup Im about to dive into.

Im looking to dial the carbs in a buddys mild 327 in his deuce roadster. Its a fresh build with an Edelbrock ram log intake #2150 6x2 X ram intake. Carbs are all new English Strombergs which are all set up as STD with 45 jets and 65 PVs..

The mill has a mild hyd cam with 201/214 @.050" (Summit cam I think) with a 112 LSA, 9.6:1 CR with camel humps, block huggers, dual 2 1/4" exhaust and a Pertronix ign. Trans is an auto with a 3.25 rear gear so the car is set up for the open road cruising.

The carbs have been setup to run with the 2 centre carbs as primaries and the 4 outers as secondary carbs, so I'm looking to nut out the following :

i. base etting
    ii. power valve sizing Pri and Sec
    iii. will the outer carb bases need setting up as "dumpers" ie no idle circuits/just
    accelerator pumps hooked up?

Or can I improvise simply by screwing in the idle screws on each base - will this work ?

Has anyone done this and what setup worked best for them ? Any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  2. Your mate running 94s or 97s?
    Interested myself,I googled Holley 94 Carburator tuning and it lead me to various Hamb threads on the subject.I reckon it would work with 97 Stromberg carb tuning punched in as well.

3. nutrocker

nutrocker

4. nutrocker

nutrocker

5. Thans for the links - but am really surprised that nobody has run a seup like this. I remember Littleman did some years ago, but surely others have as well?

6. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...kes-retold-carb-tech-linkage-jets-etc.415684/

The modern part number for that intake is 2150, but 99% of reference material will call it the X1. Look at that link, go down to 6x2, read that. Then go down to jetting and read 6x2 Stromberg info. All of this is different for each application. Your buddy has a mild cam and pretty weak gears to be running an intake that was designed to be WTFO. Don't get me wrong, that is one of my favorite intakes of all time, but it is not for a cruiser, which means it will take some work to get it right. Littleman's drag pickup used a log style Offy intake with Holley 94's and straight linkage, so it will be different, but reading that should get you in the right mindset for how to tune them. Get a UniSyn if you don't already have one. Good luck.