Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 6x2 setup with non progressive linkage set up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52chev, Oct 20, 2017.

1. 52chev

52chev

IMG_1190.JPG all orginal 6x2 set up ready to go.jpg Hi.
    I have an original 6 x 2 set up on an original Cross ram manifold.
    Its on an 406ci Small block Chev. All new engine with a healthy cam.

I'm currently running all 6 carbs at once, (not progresses) with adjustable jets. All the accelerator pumps are hooked up and working also. (it was on a mates 331 Hemi for a while running progressive linkages)
    The car seems to be running fine but I just wondered what your thoughts are on having all the accelerator pumps hooked up at once.... people are telling me its to much....

Really look forward to your advice and thoughts!!

Cheers

Bruce TheMoonman Swallow

AUCKLAND
    NEW ZEALAND

2. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Out of curiosity, why are you running it this way and not progressive? (Not a criticism, I'm just picking your brain as to your school of thought).

3. Why ask us if the accelerator pumps are too much??????
    Does it bog down on acceleration? If the distributor advance comes in fast it will work fine.
    The intake you are using has long runners that work great with a non-progressive setup.

4. fordflambe

fordflambe

I'm not a Stromberg expert............only mess with Rochesters but as with 2G's, I would think the volume of the squirt can be tuned just like the jets?

Echo what 'Ricks Garage' said as it is all about tuning to make the motor happy...........

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

You need info...just make small changes and see what happens..!
    You can always go back to the way it runs the best/the way it was..!
    Why ask others about "your" engine ? If you have questions on what's "best"...make your questions a reality by experimenting on your engine, see what happens. If it doesn't work, put it back to the way it was...make a different change...see what happens.
    Keep making those changes that you "wonder about", until you've satisfied yourself on...what..."works best".
    Then, you'll know...exactly what works best on your engine in your car..!

Mike

tfeverfred and upspirate like this.
  6. 52chev

52chev

I just thought the straight all at once set up would be easy and I built it out of parts I already had in my collection.

7. 52chev

52chev

I was told that all 6 accelerator pumps at once would be to much for the engine but after a bit more driving and talking to a few other people with the similar set up im happy with it at the moment. I was more worried about bore washing a new engine.

8. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Easy & using the parts you have - good call, and reasonable. After you've driven it for a while you'll know if any changes will need to be made, and for now you aren't out any extra money, and you don't have extra parts gathering dust.