Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 6X2 Nailhead Intake ID?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Looking for info on this Eelco 6X2 nailhead intake I scored last week in San Antonio.
    I can't find others like it through a basic Google search. So I figured I'd throw it out for discussion here. I'm fixing to use it on my Tall T coupe's 401. Any info most appreciated.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Deuces like this.
  2. BJR

BJR

See if the ports line up with a 401 gasket. I believe the only difference is port size and the distance between the heads, which will not apply with this 2 piece manifold.

Slimegreeeeeen likes this.
  3. bhemi

bhemi

The ports on my 1965 401 are 1.5" x 1.65" . I was ordering injection manifolds from Hilborn and they said to measure because there are apparently two sizes of ports. Maybe the 425 had bigger, it was a surprise to me.

4. The 264/early 322 had smaller ports, but same basic shape. The late 322(GMC), 364-425 were all the same. If it's the smaller size, it's super rare.

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I don't have any information but now that I see it I want one:cool::D

6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-9-12_4-48-5.png 1959-60 LIONS DRAGSTRIP: YOUNG DON PRUDHOMME
    Hey S,

That 6 carb Buick manifold looks familiar. I filmed a version of the 6 carb manifold + Strombergs on Don Prudhomme’s first dragster. His FED was a hand-me-down purchased from Tommy Ivo, into which he installed another Buick V-8 with the carbs. It was around late 59-early 1960 that we saw that (now painted white/red accents) FED at Lions Dragstrip.

I also filmed a young, Prudhomme at the 1960 March Meet in Bakersfield. He had some success with that version by the end of the Smokers Meet. (for him, a win in the lower gas dragster classes.) As we all have read his history, he replaced that Buick with a Hemi for better success at the drags in 1961-62.

Jnaki
    There is a degree of difficulty getting those 6 Strombergs adjusted to work right. But, when they do, the motor purrs with power. We had 6 Strombergs on a 283 SBC at first, then put those same 6 Strombergs on a 671 for our larger 292 SBC in 1960 build of our B/GAS and C/GAS 1940 Willys Coupe.

a young Don Prudhomme: at Lions and Bakersfield

stop at .04

desertdroog likes this.