Register now to get rid of these ads!

67 Mustang Conv. looking to buy need info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kurt, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Kurt

Kurt

Was out sanding on the 53 today and the crackhead ho that lives down the street wandered by. She starts telling me her mom has a old 67 mustang drop top from texas in the barn she wants to sell. Her dad bought it to restore when he retired but died before he could touch it. I blew her off thinking she was all "hept up on goofballs" again. She return with a phone number and its the deal. The price was sooo stupid i have to go look at it and flip it for some quick profit. What do i need to look at on this thing or pay attention to. The problem areas so to speak so i don't get stuck parting it out.I am not going to do anything to it but resell it.

2. kentucky

kentucky

Check the back floor pans underneath and the torque boxes, really the whole bottom of the car for rust. Cancer is hard on a car with a roof but it can reduce a drop top to JUNK because they will sag in the middle. Good luck.

3. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

If she really is a crackhead, and the price is too low, just make sure she really has the title and can legally sell the car to you.

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Check the trunk, gas tank, & rear floors - the converts leaked & rusted out there. As mentioned, torque boxes for the spring mounts & front suspension.

Having said all of that, virtually every single panel is avail for early 'Stangs...

[​IMG]

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

make sure you look at the inner rockers. the outer rockers are galvinized and always look good im doing a 67 fairlane convert and what looked good a first glance is a nightmare now

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

pic above outer looks mint but this is the other side

7. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

both sides where just as bad

8. Gracie

Gracie

They repop every part for that car, if its cheap, get it! My dad just put floor pans in my 68 and it wasn't too bad...

9. Kurt

Kurt

Well made the trip out to the sticks to look at a piece of ford! It is a basic parts car to me. But i think it is priced fair. Rusted out for a texas car though. Now throw some values at me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Kurt

Kurt

No title. no good glass but includes an extra hood with turn lights in it?
    more pics. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Gracie

Gracie

Did you get the VIN? Maybe you'll luck up and get a GT or something... after all, Marcus got a pacecar! [​IMG]

Looks like that's a factory air car... I'll buy the a/c stuff from you for mine!

12. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

500 might even be too much for it i would not bother with it unless i was going to sell it for parts.

if it has disk brakes in the front ill buy the spindles

13. Kurt

Kurt

It was built in Cal. and sold in houston Tx. I found out that much.Yes it looks like a air car didn't pay much to that.It also has power steering and brakes plus a 9" said it was a posi. Maybe i will part it out after all if enough people want parts. Might end up more cash ahead in the end.

14. Gracie

Gracie

I don't know what kind of "slag" they have in Jersey, but $500 isn't too bad any more... they are harder and harder to find...

In 1975 = even trade 64 1/2 convertible for a 53 Chevy truck
    In 1976 = paid $450 for my GT convertible 1968
    In 1977 = paid $100 for my GT convertible 1967
    In 1981 = paid $600 for my Mach I 1969

Can't find deals like that any more... at least not in the South.

15. Gracie

Gracie

I definitely want the a/c stuff...