Register now to get rid of these ads!

67 327 intake on 81 350 should work right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpeedRacer2002, Aug 30, 2007.

1. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

ok guys here is my problem i put together a motor for my 53 delivery the other day and put a 1967 327 4 barrel intake from a chevelle on the 81 350 motor im using... my problem is im getting alot of water in my oil to where it looks like pudding but not getting oil in my radiator... so a buddy of mine told me that the old style intake will let water in my oil on a newer motor??? is he wrong or do i have a bad block or what?????

2. RClark

RClark

The intake will not cause water in the oil. That intake will work on any pre-vortec engine. Sounds like you have a bad head gasket. Or cracked block. What kind of shape was the engine in? Or do you know? How much have you run the engine.

3. David Chandler

David Chandler

It should work alright as long as the center bolt holes on the heads aren't the newer angled ones. As for water in your oil, I'd guess a gasket leak or maybe a crack in the castings. I had a 305 that cracked in the valley area, so it can happen I guess. Not getting oil in the radiator makes me think it's something other than a head gasket.

4. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

the motor is a advanced auto crate motor and it sat in my 4x4 truck for a couple years... it only had maybe 1500 miles on it when i took it out but it did get some water in it from some rain because the hood was left up by someone who stole the carb off it.... but it was full of antifreez..... guess i should check things better next time.... but should i be ok taking the insides out of this motor and putting in a different block???

5. RClark

RClark

If it had water in it before, how did you get it out? Did you get it all out? It could be that there was water still in the oil galleries.

6. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

i pored a gallon of pb blaster in the motor and let it sit for a couple days before i attempted to even turn the motor over then turned it by hand and pumped most of the stuff out of it... but i know its comming out of the radiator because it gets low..... but the bad t hing is it runs good and doesent get hot...