Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 66 C10 LOOOOOOOOOOOooong bed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motorbreath, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I was offered this 66 roller in a trade for a vehicle that I'd put the low trade value at $2k. I feel like this is a $1200 max truck. Am I over/under?
    It's missing the tailgate and bed header panel and inner fender wells and the cab corner trim from one side. Everything else is supposed to be there. Floors are supposed to be solid. As far as body mounts I'm told only the very front's are in need of repair. I don't want to end up lowballing the guy saying I'd need X more stuff or money but then again I don't want to undervalue it. I'm not super familiar with this generation c10. If I got it I'd most likely static drop it, replace the front crossmember with a newer one to get more modern parts that are readily available. Would most likely end up on air ride somewhere down the line. Not looking to make it show quality but daily driver quality. I've browsed some classifieds but haven't really found something to compare to. Thanks for the help in advance.
    More pics, LOTS of detail.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e5oakcc7dfxcyw2/YN8PEoCqR9/Car & Truck parts/60-66 Chevy Parts

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

title ? IMHO its a parts truck...pretty bad rust issues....better projects around for not much more

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I think 2 grand ( if it has a title ) is all its worth ( on the high end ) Gary

4. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

5. No way to tell without looking at the side and front to see what the sheetmetal looks like.

From what I can see, it's a mid-3 figure basket case that you might yield a few useful parts.

6. 327Eric

327Eric

Hard to value it based on the pic given. If the rest is in the same condition as what is shown in this picture, 800 to 1200 is probably an asking price, 600 to 800 is what I would pay. Here is one of several I have been looking at in my area. I know location is a factor.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/4198421158.html

7. 1955IHC

1955IHC

I'd say your a bit high. Maybe $1, 200 if it at least was all together and ran.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

8. it has some rust issues

repairing it will take time and money ....

plus, you getting everything apart and not knowing at what you really have

the lower on the price you can get it, the better ..... IMO

9. edisonfire

edisonfire

im not even sure it would be worth $1000, you can find running driving long beds for $2000

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

At first, I was thinking in my area, its not TOO bad for the price, but as I opened more pics, and saw the extent of the rust, the price kept going down...and down...
    I'd say thats a $600-$800 truck, and only if you are really out hunting for a mid-sixties C10, which it doesnt sound like you are. Maybe we should see some pics of what you are thinking about trading for it.

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Keep looking.............

12. metal man

metal man

Yep. That's a parts truck....I don't think it's worth more than $600.

13. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I would pass.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I bought a truck in better condition for 400.......

15. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Thanks guys, I really like the early 60's c10's but I agree that this is better off as a parts truck. Might be worth 2k in parts but even then that's a stretch.

There are 100 or so pics of it at the link in the description for those that were asking for more pics. Is titled.

16. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Good plan, I think you can find something better at that price

17. classic L.B.

classic L.B.

18. I don't really see anything that doesn't need work. I'd think twice about picking that up, and I'm used to Wisconsin rust buckets.

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Down here you can find a driver in that range. C10s are too common for me to be interested in one in a pile.

20. john walker

john walker